Encrusting... something question

Krux

Hello all,

I have some seriously nobby rock, and I want to find something that will encrust over it.  I am thinking a super colorful lepto, a couple of cool encrusting montiporas, or a nice cyphastrea or two.  The pockets in this rock are around 1/2" deep, so it needs to be something that has some serious depth to it, or something that can grow across the spans in the rock.  I need to eventually cover an area the size of a football.

I guess the other option would be ensconcing it in ricordeas...

Any ideas from someone who has tried to deal with this super bump Fiji-esque rock?

Photo attached for reference.

IMG_4452.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Hello all,

I have some seriously nobby rock, and I want to find something that will encrust over it.  I am thinking a super colorful lepto, a couple of cool encrusting montiporas, or a nice cyphastrea or two.  The pockets in this rock are around 1/2" deep, so it needs to be something that has some serious depth to it, or something that can grow across the spans in the rock.  I need to eventually cover an area the size of a football.

I guess the other option would be ensconcing it in ricordeas...

Any ideas from someone who has tried to deal with this super bump Fiji-esque rock?

Photo attached for reference.
IMG_4452.thumb.jpg.dbea2800a49ee2b148b40d4cc9338653.jpg

I like all your choices how about using all the above. One of my favorites is a rainbow monti also especially love sunset monti

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I have my eyes on a couple of monties, rainbow is one of them.  The tank is rather small so I need to be selective so the tank isn't overloaded.  I also really like the jedi mind trick!