rare/uncommon species

carnage

hey all. Noob from medford. My name is David and i've only been into sw for 2 months now. jumped in head deep though.

We (my father in-law and I) purchased a well established 120 w/ refug. sump, ETSS800 skimmer, various pumps, halide light system w/actinics, 200 lbs LS, 150 LBS. of LR. First thing we did was Redo the sump, and add a calcium reactor. Now we are in process of adding ozone, and three seperate 30 gal. Frag tanks. All of this is building up to the eventual goal of 2 seperate 210 Gal. or larger in-wall systems at our houses. So far, so good. Transferred it all from Beaverton to Medford

(plus a little extra.... side trip to Advanced Aquariums in Salem. Thanks Ryan.) Good news is no casualties. Anyways, I'm looking for rarer species to try to grow. You all sound like a great group, hope to get to know you. Here are some pics (before yet another trip to Salem just for the tank). Keep in mind, This is just a growout tank for two people.

rare in general. looking for species names for a kind of wish list....

i like the monti's, zoa's and brains though.

www.reefermadness.us (they can get some cool stuff in, nothing is considered super rare, but it is cool)

www.atlantisaquarium.net (they are one of the best known places for rare stuff)

www.fragfarmer.com

www.exoticcorals.com

www.liveaquaria.com (not alot of rare stuff, but big selection of everything, check out the divers den)

I can say do not get caught up in the whole LE and Rare coral stuff...Just pick out what you like. I do understand that the "rare" ones tend to have alot cooler color and are much prettier, thus the high price tag. If you are looking for rare stuff, hold off until august and go to the corals farmers market coming up... www.nw-cfm.com .