100 gallon rebuild/replacement

Michael7979

Well yesterday with the help and generousity of Ryan, (R2R2). We picked up the frag system that will house my livestock during the rebuild/replacement of the tank. (have a lead on a couple of larger tanks, hopefully one will come to be reality).

Spent this morning cleaning it up as it sat empty for awhile. Still need a couple of piece to get it running but hopefully by this weekend, (fingers crossed). This may take some time to complete this project but I'll do my best to keep all updated with pictures and progress reports as they happen.

Here's a couple picks of the frag system to start this thread...........

06-11-07026.jpg

06-11-07029.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well the tear down is over. I did it on Monday, (and it took all day), hopefully all make it thru the move. But I think I'm going to lose a coral or two as some are showing signs of bleaching. Hopefully it's just the lack of light. I'm only running my vho's now and NO MH's. I'll take pictures later and post them.

• 2 weeks later...

Well things are not going as I hoped (sad) ......... I have lost 3-4 frags along with a 5" BN colony. I think my Oregon Tort and Purple unknown will not make it either. The others have seemed to adapted to the 'new' tank conditions, somewhat. Today my LMB is acting really wierd and swimming alittle funny....hope he is having a bad day.

Haven't had much time to do anything to the rebuild project in the past week as work has picked up, (=OT), and Shannon had knee surgery today, (7-13, Dr. gave her a weeks notice). So my last little bit of free time was trying to tie up lose ends around the house. I have gotten the pumps cleaned and I'll have to repair some things on my stand before it can go back up. Doing that for piece of mind, might paint it too.

But if things continue to go down hill and I lose more corals and/or fish I guess that means I can really start over fresh, huh?!

(sad) or :D not sure (scratch)

I'll update in a few days, not sure if I can make the meeting at Izzypop's, (want to), but I'll have to wait and see. If I do I'll talk to some of you then and get all jacked up again about having a reef tank. (naughty) I think I need a re-charge to get over this bump in the road. Maybe a nap would help? ;) :p

Sounds like some obstacles, wish you the best, Wish I was closer to help out more. Just keep pushing, you'll get through it. could be worse, I sliced my hand making a new maxi mod and had to get stitches, then just yesterday in preparation for some new stock dropped a razor sharp QT tank on my head and split me open like a melon.