Please Help St. Rose School with a tank

jaimea47

Hi guys i wanted to see if there was anyone out there that has any spare tanks and stands that they don't need that can donate one to my kids school. As of now they have a fresh water setup i believe the tank is possibly 40 gal. The setup is in the school office. My plans are to move the tank to the hall way were all the kids, staff, and parents can enjoy it while they pass the hall. I would also like to upgrade the tank and stand to as close to 100 gal as possible. If i can't get enough supply's to change the setup into a salt water I'll keep it as a fresh water tank. If you have any questions in order to help please let me know and ill try to get all questions answered. Thanks for any and all help that you guys can give. The Schools name is St. Rose School in Longview Wa.

• 2 months later...

Just so it is known, after reviews from many that were involved in the TFT program we have switched it up quite a bit. Instead of us gathering donations of old equipment, we now help schools to get brand new systems. There is a program that has a large pool of donors that is easy for a school to tap into. One of the local schools was able to get 3 brand new tanks with all brand new equipment this way, including a cold water setup for an octopus!

We still have volunteers that go to schools to help out, speak to classrooms, make repairs, bring livestock, etc(I am visiting 2 today myself). We are just no longer gathering and storing used equipment. After sorting through a truckload of TFT donations, it became pretty clear to all involved a change was needed.

The donations we do accept now are things like  certain healthy livestock, salt, new heaters in box, new powerheads in box.

• Like 1