brightwell additive

Burningbaal

anyone know anything about this? it seems a bit too good to be true, which probably means it is. Brightwell seems like they kinda know what they're doing though. sounds like an all-in-one additive for your reef-esp hard corals, two liters for $35!

http://www.amazon.com/Brightwell-Aquatics-Liquid-Reef-67-6/dp/B001ODZFE8/ref=sr_1_24?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1338570836&sr=1-24

they have a 500mL version too, costs 40% as much...for 25% as much product. so it's about 160% the cost per mL. they're dosing recommendation (which is probably really high and obviously completely arbitrary) means the 2L bottle would last about 6 years :)

• 2 weeks later...

Additives for Sps....lol there only a few things to add to your tank that are proven to make a difference. Amino acids, potassium, iodine, and a couple other things. If your good with water change you shouldn't need any kind of trace elements, your just wasting your money.

I'm working to minimize water changes. There are a lot of beautiful tanks with no changes and essential elements seems to be something a lot of people have liked results.

I have considered adding all the individual things like you mentioned, but why not add them all at once?

Is there something wrong with this? I'm pretty sure it includes everything you mentioned

Sent using Forum Runner

Most of those sps tanks with no water changes are running calcium rectors which replace almost everything sps need. Go on the sps forum at reef central and talk to what the totm are adding. Most are running zeo or hard carbon dosing while adding amino acids and coral food. I have a huge gallon of kent trace elements if you want it.