Pioneer School One Year Anniversary!

Emerald525

Happy Anniversary Pioneer School!(clap)(clap)(party)(drinking)(highfive)(Rim)

Wow I can't believe it's been a year already and the tank is going strong!(rock2)(rock2)(rock2)

For those of you are new, Pioneer school is in the SE and it provides services to special needs children. They have very limited funding and in fact now are having to close in the summer due to budget cuts. Without the support of the sponsors and members of the forum this tank would not exist.

Becky helps with the day to day maintenance of this tank. Nick at Rosecity provides ro/di water for them to top off.

I typically stop by once a month to do the water change as it is nearby. Beth and I went there today and did a water change and it is doing great!

Here it was almost exactly a year ago, bare and ready to cycle.

IMG_1250.jpg

Here it is today. Those of you who like Kenya tree be warned it can overgrow your tank!(laugh)

DSC00258.jpg

Barelycuda donated the Cinnamon clowns and the ocellaris. Sadly his mate got sucked up into the maxijet early on(sad)The Coral Beauty came from Garrett. Kimberlee donated the yellow wrasse

DSC00260.jpg

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00282.jpg

Many people have donated corals! Most of the local stores supply me with fish and supplies at cost!(clap)(clap)

DSC00273.jpg

DSC00274.jpg

DSC00276.jpg

I hope most of you can come to the meeting this Saturday so we can auction and raffle off items for funds. Without everyone's support this great program could not continue! If your significant other gets mad at you for spending money on coralDOH!, tell them you are doing it for the children!(laugh)(rock2)(rock2)

Thanks for not mentioning my name in the same sentence as the kenya tree! Tank is looking good. We have had 3 new tft tanks set up since this one and there is one just waiting for paper application finalization.

LOL trust me I was tempted but you "outed" yourself.... The green star polyps are thriving too. Fortunately I think the leather is gone. Gonna have to bring some pruning shears next water change!

Archived