Blue Face Angel in my Drip Bucket

Rick

Some of you may have seen the picture review I did for Ocean In a Box yesterday (If not check it out). I was able to capture some stunning pictures of this Blue Face Angel. After a bit of thought I decided the risks to the corals are worth it since this is a beautiful fish so I went back and picked this up today. It's in a drip bucket right now. Can't wait to see it in the tank.

attachment.php?attachmentid=11029

post-5811-141867785982_thumb.jpg

He's beautiful Rick' date=' how big is he? I want angels one day, I just have to have a bigger system first lol.[/quote']

I'm gonna say about 5". Maybe a tad more. It's a little (1/2" or so) bigger than the tangs. (You've seen the Purple Tang and I got my Gold Rim Tang from them yesterday also which is about the same size as the Purple)

John, with a fish that beautiful, you let it get away with things LOL

Rick, we'll have to come by one of these days so we can see the new additions. I'm a big lover of the Angelfish and can't wait to have some, for now, I'll have to settle for a pygmy/dwarf angel LOL.

That is a gorgeous fish. I hope he's a model citizen for ya. Let us know how it goes

Will do. I don't really have many high end corals so I'm not too concerned if it decides to nip a few. I think the only really rare one I have that I would be dissapointed about losing is the Pachyseris Rugosa (Elephant Skin Coral). In general I prefer corals that move around in the flow (softies and lps) however the Elephant Skin is my pride and joy. It took 3 frags from Calvin (Kilmca) before I got one that took off. It's grown from a 1/2" or so frag to about 2 1/2" now (enough that it curved around and is overlapping itself).

Well, it seens to settling in fine. Just a little shy but less than I had expected. (Been coming out in front every 10 or 15 minutes) I was able to get a couple of pics of it along with the Gold Rim Tang that I got yesterday. Not the greatest pics but they do show both.

attachment.php?attachmentid=11037

attachment.php?attachmentid=11038

post-5811-141867759147_thumb.jpg

post-5811-141867759151_thumb.jpg

Hey Rick. What color change is this guy gonna go through?

There seems to be a universal "I'm jealous" response!

This one has already changed which was one of the reasons I got it. Based on the size I'm guessing that it hasn't been very long since it changed either. As juveniles they are striped similar to some of the other angels. Here is a link to a picture of one: http://www.reefhotspot.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1622

Beautiful Angel' date=' Congrats Rick....SO hope it doesn't like Carpet Anemones....[/quote']

I hope so too. I actually have more problems with the RBTA though. Darn thing got my trigger last week which is why I was kind of fish shopping anyway. It would be nice if I could get it to split so it isn't so big.