WHAT ARE THESE??

pnkrcklives

Little flat red things. Slow moving. Looks like some sort of Nudi. Little bit smaller than a pencil eraser. Never seen them in the tank before. Tonight there are like 15-20. Only on one end panel of the tank. I am sucking them up right now to be safe. What you all think? Thanks Sorry in advance for the crappy cell phone pic. My camera is dead.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10669&d=1296181923

Little flat red things. Slow moving. Looks like some sort of Nudi. Little bit smaller than a pencil eraser. Never seen them in the tank before. Tonight there are like 15-20. Only on one end panel of the tank. I am sucking them up right now to be safe. What you all think? Thanks Sorry in advance for the crappy cell phone pic. My camera is dead.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10669&d=1296181923

Sounds and looks like possibly flatworms. Not good if that's what they are. Google saltwater flatworms and see if they look like that

Red Planaria = Convolutriloba retrogemma

One of the more common pest animals in reef aquaria are small flatworms, often referred to as "red planaria," which is a truly excellent aquarium name for them as they are neither red nor planarians. These small acoel worms, (all "true" flatworms including planarians belong to a different group) have a brownish, tank, or pink coloration. They also contain zooxanthellae whose own color modifies the animals color in sometimes peculiar ways. They are small from about 1 mm to 3 mm long. One good identifying characteristic is the presence of three lobes at the tail end of the animal.

The red planarian, Convolutriloba retrogemma.

These little worms can rapidly reproduce asexually and reach huge populations in some tanks. They can literally smother some sessile animals. In small numbers, however, they are harmless. Presently there is no real defined cure for infestations with the possible exception of one species of head-shield slugs, Chelidonura varians , which eats them.