Sign in to follow this  
impur

Gorilla crab - share the love eugene style!

I ordered a couple emerald crabs from ccritters.com as well as some other stuff. Well she sent me an extra crab, and its a gorilla crab. Its currently in my sump so if someone wants to come by and grab him he's all yours!

Interesting choice of freebees - if you hadn't know better and tossed that into your tank... Did she toss in some aipastia or majanoes, too? Maybe a euclid worm?

I have one last one I'm trying to catch or kill - it is my 5th in my tank. This is the gorilla crab from hell - fast and leary. Just make sure he stays in your sump!

I've been trying to catch a few "coral scrapers" myself. I've got two in the sump and one sneaky one still in the tank. Is the cup or soda/water bottle with the top cut off,with bait in it leaning up against the rock so they go in but can't climb out the best way to catch'em?

Also know as teddy bear crabs too.

Yeah they make good food for triggers and such but can live happily in a sump forever. I had 2 in my sump for 1.5 yrs before someone else wanted them and talked me into letting them have them both.

I was wondering if they would be able to survive in a sump' date=' they must be able to find food somehow.[/quote']

They can usually find some form of scraps, but you can always spot feed them if you wish to keep them.

Yah it was an interesting choice. In addition to the gorilla crab, i did not get the 5 keyhole limpets i ordered, and only got 3 of the 4 nudibranchs i ordered.

Jon took the crab home and it didn't even make it a quarter of the way down the tank before it became dinner lol