Super Bowl XLI Predictions and Hopes

Ronjunior

OK, I'm not a big college football fan, but love the NFL. Figured it would be easier to keep the threads separate :). Only 47 days, 1 hr, 46 minutes and 20 seconds left until kickoff, but who's counting anyway?

Who do you think will be making it to the Feb. 4th game?

Who do you WANT to go to the final match?

I'm thinking the Chargers will make it as well as Chicago. Peyton Manning stands a fair chance as well. Last night's 1st half was fun to watch.

Was hoping for another Seahawks replay, but have seen their last 2 performances and don't think they stand a chance to make it too far. I'd love to see the Rams play, but they were my childhood team to go watch and scream when they used to be in LA.

Oh yeah, we have an annual Superbowl party and people from the club are welcome, I just ask that you have a designated driver and/or please drink responsibly. I'll post details when I actually have them. Usually have about 4 TV's going in separate rooms, 65" HDTV, 36", with 1 in our foosball/airhockey/darts gameroom and 1 in the garage with ping pong setup... (I just need to find a place to store all my extra tank junk to be able to setup pingpong)

In the AFC I'll put my money on San Diego.........with Indy and Cinncy as long shoots.

In the NFC I'm pulling for the Saints!! Hate the Cowboys and don't want to see the Bears play.

Think of all story lines Drew v. his old team, Reggie and New Orleans, LT and history.

San Deigo v. New Orleans!!! with San Diego winning.

• 2 weeks later...

28 Days, 14 Hours, 32 Minutes remaining, but who's counting? Anybody catch the Seahawks luck of all screw ups today? Had to be the most exciting game I've seen all season! I don't remember the last time I saw a safety, kind of forgotten what it was :) Old Romoeo is lucky it was an away game. In Seattle, he probably got a late night parade with a bottomless all host bar; in Dallas, it would have been in an armored car.

Well Seattle got lucky!! But just maybe that means the got it out of their system. And they can now make a run at the Super Bowl.

KC really dissappointed me...........sure thought they would be able to run the ball some on Indy, but Indy showed they still had something left.

Today I'm expecting NE and Philly to win. So next weekends games should be

Seattle @ Chicago

Philly @ N.O.

Indy @ Baltimore

NE @ San Deigo

The AFC is going to crush the NFC in the Super Bowl no matter who makes it.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I mentioned a Superbowl Party, here's the info someone wanted to know:

Can't wait to see what decor my sister brings me tonight for Superbowl. Nice to have connections with the beer industry, they're really into that. My favorite piece over the years is my football helmet chip and dip container as seen on a few seasons of The Manshow between Adam and Kimmel. We do a pool or 2, depending on how many people show up and partake; a quarter/square.

RSVP please to ensure I break out enough seating.

Bring: Snack/Hors d'oeuvres and/or Drinks to share

When: Sunday, Feb. 4th, 2:30ish. Kick off is at 3:30.

Where: 17045 SE Pleides St., Damascus, OR 97015 (503)-558-8738 (5 miles east of I-205 @ Hwy. 224)

Please drink responsibly and/or have a designated driver.

Yeah I might not even watch the Super Bowl now!!!

This game just sounds like its going to suck and be boring as hell!! I don't believe the Bears stand a chance and I'm sick and tired of hearing about how this is Peyton Mannings time and how he deserves a 'ring' to make his carrer complete.

But I hate Peyton Manning and really don't care if he 'gets his ring'!!!! I might just have to be a BEARS fan in two weeks for about 3 1/2 hours. But the sound of that makes me want to throw up !!! (sick) (puke) (puke) (puke)

I think the easiest thing is to just not watch!!!

I can see it now.

Either Berrian, Bradley, or Muhammed breaks a leg during practice. The Bears need another playmaker and they look to the practice squad. Whos sitting there MIKE HASS!!!!!! Mike comes in and hauls in 14 catches for 220, 3 TDS. Bears win because of a 6th round pick outta OSU!!! GO BEAVS!!!

How about that? Well not really but it would be cool.

I would like to see the Bears win because of the sole fact that the Manning family is soooooo overated and cant win the BIG GAME!

Just finished the 2nd game. That pub in Salem is not a kind place for someone who was waiting to watch the game in full on DVR. There were 4 TV's within my view to strain from watching! My predictions faired..not too shabby. Colts got darned lucky tonight and I believe the Bears will take them out, but since I wasn't 100% correct, I'm not putting any $ on the table. Colts have had too much air time this season....like every game I believe to Bears 1 so not much footage to decipher from?

I'm already tired of hearing the announcers bringing up race. Who cares, I've never noticed and probably never would have. I'm sure it will never end. To me it doesn't matter. Will they make a big deal when my native family ever decides to play football or make QB? Probably not, I don't even have the option to mark off Native Canadian when applying for jobs ..sorry, I digress.....

What am I going to watch next Sunday? Nascar doesn't start for another 27 days, 12 hrs and 59 minutes.

I can see it now.

Either Berrian, Bradley, or Muhammed breaks a leg during practice. The Bears need another playmaker and they look to the practice squad. Whos sitting there MIKE HASS!!!!!! Mike comes in and hauls in 14 catches for 220, 3 TDS. Bears win because of a 6th round pick outta OSU!!! GO BEAVS!!!

How about that? Well not really but it would be cool.

I would like to see the Bears win because of the sole fact that the Manning family is soooooo overated and cant win the BIG GAME!

Have you been sniffing glue??? LOL Right, Mike Hass the Superbowl savior (laugh) (laugh) rofl rofl rofl Thats a good one!

i dont think the bears can take out the colts. the colts defense did a good job in the second half and especially on that last couple drives of shutting down Tom Brady and hes "Mr. Clutch" and has won wooooo many games with last minute drives. What is rex "gross"man gonna do in two weeks? And i dont think the bears defense can shut down manning for 4 quarters.......the pats couldnt.