A+ for Barrier Reef... my review!

tanktop74

Stopped by Barrier Reef on my way back from Canada yesterday. Got my coupons when I walked in the door and began my search for the perfect coral to get 30% off!

We were there for well over an hour, staff is very nice and knowledgeable, the shop is small but very well planned out and well stocked!

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

Here is a pic, keep in mind my halides were off, of the nice piece I got! A pink and green Echinophyllia!! Watch for frags in the near future for a great price for my friends on the forum!

IMG_0536.jpg

Emerald and I also got a nice blue polyp monti and a gsp frag.

I suggest that if you have not gotten up there for a visit that you should add it to your list.

I will be returning to the shop when I am up in Seattle!

Thanks Barrier reef for the coupon incentive to get my butt up there! Nice shop and beautiful corals!!

Beth and Kim (emerald525)

Nice store.(clap) It is small and kind of hidden. It is in shopping center with McDonald's but tucked away in the back. The store is small but it is deceptive because every tank is just loaded with corals. Reefcam and Clay both beat us there but they left plenty.The display tanks were nice. I really love the look of starphire glass!

The help Brie (Sp?) and Chris (I think) were friendly and helpful but with the right balance of just letting you mill around the store. (whistle)I could have spent more time there but we had to meet friends! Brie was very careful with our stuff and packed it nicely with a heating pack for the long trip back and it did well in the back of the suburban for 8 hours!

Nice selection of fish. They had 2 clown triggers. Love those fish but am afraid to ever get one because I hear they are crazy(nutty).

I would definitely stop by on another trip up north. Be sure to sign up as a new customer for the 30% off coupon. It makes for a nice deal!

One suggestion... can we remove the sales tax for all the Oregonians!

Thanks for the kind comments and feedback. We can definately skip the sales tax. We just need to be reminded about it at the time of purchase since we are not faced with it that often:D We will need to see a photo ID with an Oregon Address. We will enter your name, address, and DL # into our system to create a file to ring up your transactions tax free. The next time you visit all you need to do is have us use your customer file and all transactions entered with your file attached will automatically have the tax removed. Sorry it didn't happen the first time! The next time you are up bring your receipt by and explain what happened. I'd be happy to return the original sale and re-run it without the tax. If I'm not around (seems to be happening more and more these days) just refer whoever is helping you to this post.

Re: A+ for Barrier Reef... my review!

The store looks great, I can't wait til we make it up there to check everything out.

Which tank are you referring to Alex and what is so special about it? I would like to know more since you seem to be so awed by it.

Alex is talking about the fixture above the open tank. About $2K for a 48" unit if I recall.

I'm Italian, I relocated here a couple of year ago.

So every fancy italian equipment catch my attention... Elos, Sfiligoi and so on.

Nice to know you are an Elos retailer. I'm planning to set up a Mini one day.

Are you able to get Sfiligoi too?

Yup' date=' we are one of the orginal Elos retailers. I'm surprised a pic of our Elos System 60 display tank didn't find its way on here:D Its my favorite tank in the store.[/quote']

Yes we can. We don't keep any in stock but by bringing them (and many similar low margin high $$ items) in as special orders it allows us to match internet pricing. The Mini's are sweet! It would be nice if Elos would put a controller on their LED so we could increase the blue color.

Yes we can. We don't keep any in stock but by bringing them (and many similar low margin high $$ items) in as special orders it allows us to match internet pricing. The Mini's are sweet! It would be nice if Elos would put a controller on their LED so we could increase the blue color.

I would go with the e-power instead of the e-lite. Unless they will put more watts on the leds. I think I will drive up to Seattle to see your display soon

Yep!! I got 4 nice acros!! Not sure the names, two maricultured and two from the 10 dollar rack. A blue milli, another that looks to have some crazy potential to color up nice, a crazy colored cool one that has purple, yellow and green craziness goin on, and another yellowish blue one. Wish I knew the names and all that but the girl that helped me didn't know very much about them. Not to say she didn't know her stuff, it was more me going ooooo....aaaaa...I want that one! And sales tax!! Good call! Dang, I shoulda remembered that!! I totally asked at all the stores to, besides this one of course. I blame it on sensory overload! I too could have spent alot of time just chillin there, but an 11 year old and my lady in the car proved to be a factor in my time management!! Grrrrr!! Anyway, hope we could have more incentives...maybe a buy one get one free offer would be another great way to get me back in!! I loved the sohal tang in there too!! Wish I could fit him in my display but I have a very loved powder blue in there and really want to keep him happy!!

Sunshine and Smiles,

Clay

Will someone please inform the poor backwoods washington boy just what : Are you able to get Sfiligoi too : is?

(laugh) I didn't know what the hell Alex was talking about either with the Elos aquaplanet and the Sfiligoi. I thought the Elos was some type of coral at first. Thank goodness for google!:D

Was just trying to show the display tank LOL. I didn't know I had stumbled upon the rare and unusual Elos aquaplanet! ;)

I was in a hurry Monday or I would have remembered to ask about the sales tax credit. Might take you up on the offer next time we are through about crediting back the sales tax!

(laugh) I didn't know what the hell Alex was talking about either with the Elos aquaplanet and the Sfiligoi. I thought the Elos was some type of coral at first. Thank goodness for google!:D

They are the same as the test kits and food. For some reasons their products tend to outperform everything else on the market.

Their 70w HQi do perform (in terms of PAR) as a 150w, so the 150w as a 250w. Not to mention the design.

They are expensive, but I think you can save it back in a year or 2.

Nice to know that there is a sponsor who officially resell this brand