A friend of mine needs help

reef165

I know you cant choose your neighbors and most would say theres are less than adequit, well mine takes the cake! They have a cat, seen it in there window several times, well now its aparently sick, looks verry skinny, and like it has lost quite a bit of hair, not in patches but just an allover thinning of his/her hair. It seems to have been put out of the house to live its or whats left of its life on its own. We have asked the owners what was wrong with it and they have said that they dont know, and havent shown the slightest in wanting to find out! If it wernt for the fact that I have been layed off for over 2 monthes and been docked unemployment for the last 9 weeks ( yes it dose hurt!! Im very hungry) I would have taken it to the vet already to get it diagnosed but I am not in the position to do so! I have to see the poor thing not really in pain but it looks so freaking sad and its got such a cool personality that it breaks my heart! What I want to know is if theres anyone that knows or is friends with a vet that could help with the intention of being paied back in the distant future. I dont know what else to do, and hate to see animals suffer because of sellfish owners!

Thank you for reading!

The best thing you can do for it if you cant afford to take care of it yourself is to either take it to a vet as a good sameritan. Some vets will take them in hoping to find the animals owner and in the mean time take care of it. Or take it to the humane society. HS now and days do their best to find out what is wrong with an animal before euthanazia. If it is just because he doens't have food that is one thing. It could be cancer or thyriod diasese. If you don't think your owners are going to take care of it you should take it some where and just say you found a stray. Which is what it is if they have kicked it out! Good luck!

Ok...the cat is one thing but.....you're hungry?? What is that all about? Are you really without food? If so, that is truthfully more important at the moment then the cat.

Regarding the cat, don't we have a vet that is a member of the club and posts on the board?

Dennis

That is nice Dennis but I am not without food, Im just not eating steak, when times are touph top romen is your friend and dinner at mom and dads is the best ever! Besides, my unemployment kicks in, in 8 days so Ill be fine! In no way am I woried abought me! Its the poor animal that stays in our front yard ( I live in a deuplex )and by my front door. I can see a food bowl by there front door but have no Idea if theres anything in it, I gave it some water today and it drank it all, I was shocked, I gave it a small hand full of my cats food and it ate that down. I will be calling around tomarow and if I can find help I will be notifying the owners and giving them the option to eather do the right thing or relinquish custody.

Thanks

Ok. Good. Glad to hear.

It's very nice of you to help out the cat. Sombody's got to! Poor thing. Hope you can figure out some care for it. The owner's obviously dont want anything to do with it. Can you keep it? Get it fixed up then make it an indoor cat.

Dennis

I agree with cannedmulder, take it to a vet as a stray. They will help make it better,or call the humane society and see if there is any kind of funds available by nonprofit animal rescues. I have a big heart for poor animals like that. Good luck let us know how it goes.

Skin and bones, not much to eat!! J/K Anyways, I talked to a couple vet offices today and basicaly not in these words but to many people these days are calling and finding "strays" so it may be harder to find help, expecialy for the ones that arnt abusing the kindness of others. I plan on calling more tomarrow to see what I can do. I sold my 55 gall tank today and went to the store got some food for myself and my cat then got the poor guy outside some food and it is chowen! so not skinny do to apitite!

• 1 month later...

Contact your local feral cat rescues/trappers & present it to them as a feral cat you found wandering the streets. They should take it in & they have funding/grants to help pay for it. Any donations of anything you can give them will be welcome too. If you dont find any for your area, let me know & I will compile a list.

I have been feeding and watering him and he seems to be gaining some weight and has got most of his hair back. I've basicaly taken it as my outside cat, my cat wont allow any others in the house, bad things erupt when that happens so its better off outside.