WTB: Radium metal halide bulbs 400w,250w HQI, 150w HQI

reefriot

Looking to buy some used 20k radium bulbs to try out before buying new. just want to see the color as i've been told they run differant on differant ballasts. looking for HQI bulbs in 150w and 250w and 400w in SE. if you have something lying around shoot me a price. thanks

Please keep in mind that radiums will change color slightly over time. After 5 months I can notice a whiter light then before. If your looking for a great mh bulb just pull the trigger, you will love the radiums. I would stay away from the 150w. 250w or 400w would be the best pick since those are what made radiums so famous with that amazing color.

The 400w radium is not an hqi bulb. The 250w and 150w are both hqi bulbs and are designed to run off an hqi ballasts. The 400w radium is not designed to run off an hqi ballast. The proper ballast for 400w is an eballast, the hqi ballast will serverly over drive the bulb and shorten the life.

I also just realized that they do not make a 250w hqi bulb so that's out

Did you see my post? The radium 150w and 250w are BOTH HQI. The 400w is not. The 250w radium is manufactured in germany and the closet ballast we have in the USA that will run the bulb to spec is an m80.