Ocean In A Box Picture Review (Lots of Pics)

Rick

Finally had a chance to get by OIAB to see what the new owners have done with the place. While I was there I decided to take the opportunity to take a few pictures. Well as it turns out I ended up taking a bunch and made a return trip a couple of hours later to take a few more. (I actually made the return trip to get a beautiful Gold Rim Tang I had seen on the first trip but grabbed some more photos while I was at it) I can say that the business model has changed considerably and for those that were there under the previous ownership these may serve to get an idea of what changes have been made, for those that have never been there then perhaps these will get you headed that way. I have to say I'm impressed. They have a large variety of both common and unique fish rarely seen in the LFS which I found refreshing. There is still a large selection of corals as well however it is no longer limited to just high end stuff. There is now a decent selection for those of us that just want to spend a few dollars as well. (Though you may find it hard to refrain from spending more) Anyway here are the photos. Some of these turned out great however a few were plagued by light reflections and cloudy water. (They were cleaning the glass on the tanks while I was there) I'm including some of these shots anyway so everyone can still see the great selection.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10996

attachment.php?attachmentid=10997

attachment.php?attachmentid=10998

attachment.php?attachmentid=10999

attachment.php?attachmentid=11000

post-5811-141867785946_thumb.jpg

post-5811-14186778595_thumb.jpg

post-5811-141867785955_thumb.jpg

post-5811-141867785958_thumb.jpg

post-5811-141867785963_thumb.jpg

Great pictures Rick. Glad you picked up that white cheek tang. It is a beautiful fish. If I didnt already have one I would of snagged it. One of the best looking tangs out there imo. The guys are great and a ton of help. Roberts been helping me get my mag in check so I can get back to collecting some sps again.