HALIDE NOT WORKING.

h2odvl

I GOT A HALIDE SET UP A FEW MONTHS BACK (USED) AND JUST SET IT UP LAST NIGHT. IT'S A DUAL 250W ONE WAS WORKING ONE IS NOT. I'VE SWAPPED BULBS AND STILL NOTHING. ONE OF THE PLUGS IS MISSING THE GROUND BUT THAT IS THE ONE THAT IS WORKING. I DID UNPLUED THE MOGUAL SIDE OF THE BALLAST WHEN IT WAS ON. I SAW THE STICKER AFTER THAT SAID NOT TO DO THIS :(. COULD THAT HAVE BROKEN SOMETHING? ANY TESTS OR THINGS I COULD LOOK FOR? IT IS A PFO BALLAST.

THANKS FOR THE HELP

ummmmm.....

so if you have a pfo ballast you know the back of it has two switches;

if they are both down lights are off,

one up and one down one light is on and one is off,

both up both lights are on.

I didn't see the switches and i had one up and one down. when I turned the switch up (on) the non working light came on.

I'll take my sign now :)

ummmmm.....

so if you have a pfo ballast you know the back of it has two switches;

if they are both down lights are off,

one up and one down one light is on and one is off,

both up both lights are on.

I didn't see the switches and i had one up and one down. when I turned the switch up (on) the non working light came on.

I'll take my sign now :)

LOL, I was getting ready to tell you what to look for. (One of them being to check the switch) I've picked up half a dozen or so of these ballasts and repaired them and it is almost always due to either a bad switch or bad connection. I did find a bad capacitor in one however it had split open and was quite obvious once I had the cover off.