33L flow

So I got this SWEET tank from Aaron at The Nautilus (acrylic 33L with 4 chambers drilled w/ bulkheads) for $60. This is going to be my refugium, I'm hoping to get one or two shrimp/goby pairs, maybe some pipefish, and possibly some mini maxi's. Any body have ideas for a pump to use? It has duel input/output. Water comes in at the end chambers and out in the middle chambers if that helps.

I think I'd probably use a Rio 2600 on it, you're going to want it to gravity drain, so pump up from the sump into the fuge and have it positioned to drain into the DT, that should give you, depending on height of the lines, anywhere from 400-600 GPH, roughly...

I think I've decided. I'm going to build a 54"L x 28"W x 54"H stand. The top shelf will have the DT on it. The DT will drain into the 33L which will be positioned 4"-8" above the sump, which will be behind the 33L. The 33L drain lines will go into the sump (via filter socks), there I'll have the skimmer and the return pump.

TopView-BottomShelf.jpg

I'm not to worried about it, this tank is more for species that I couldn't keep/never be able see in the DT. I may even add a chamber like this:

sump.png

I could extend my skimmer outlet to that it goes all the way over to the return pump chamber.

I could also make it so that one of the drain lines goes into the skimmer chamber, and one into the coulerpa chamber.