Is this possible?

KMiller

Our new corner tank that we got last night has a huge brace on the top, casting a few shadows. The brace is in a "t" shape. Is it possible to get one made of acrylic Or glass and install it somehow on the tank and replace the black brace?

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Hey Kat, post a pic of it. I've seen the same one on another tank and was wondering the same thing. Most corners don't have the brace. Not recommending you cut it out,but most don't have it. I would think a local glass shop could suggest a type of bonding glue or silicone that would work with another piece of glass as a transparent brace? Mabey Impur, he has some glass experience locally.

Hey Kat' date=' post a pic of it. I've seen the same one on another tank and was wondering the same thing. Most corners don't have the brace. Not recommending you cut it out,but most don't have it. I would think a local glass shop could suggest a type of bonding glue or silicone that would work with another piece of glass as a transparent brace? Mabey Impur, he has some glass experience locally.[/quote']

I pm'ed him! Thanks for the advice!

I didn't get exactly what you were talking about in your pm but now that i see the tank i see what you are wanting to do. I think it would be pretty easy to replace that with some glass, problem is that the tank is full. You'd want to do this with the tank empty to avoid any bowing of the glass while the braces dry.

If you can empty the tank for a day or so, then I'd just cut those braces off and cut the black trim away from the glass where they meet to create a spot for the glass brace to bond. Then you could have a local glass shop cut you the sizes and you could silicon them in.