New fish suggestions

Bigjohnwoody

Ok guys I was wanting some feed back on my next fish purchase. I currently have a 120 gallon (standard 4x2x2) with 1 chromis and two picasso percs I got from Barelycuda (Which I absolutely love thanks again Dave.) My new fish would go into my qt so I can watch it there and so it does not by chance infect the rest of my tank. So I eventually wanted a Goby for sand stirring (Diamond maybe) A Jawfish (if my sandbed is deep enough. It is about 2 plus inches) A wrasse, and a tang. (maybe two if it will work I really love tangs) Any other suggestions on fish would be awesome. If you think a specific wrasse, tang or any other species what so ever would be awesome please let me know and the order in which you would add the fish on my list or whatever list you recommend. Oh and I am planning on running a mixed reef so nothing that will eat my cuc and my coral. If you have any cool invert ideas I am always open to thous as well. I currently have a pair of blood shrimp and a pair of skunk cleaners along with an assortment of snails, hermits, and my favorite my fighting conch! Thanks everyone and all ideas are great. Any further questions of set up or anything and I will be glad to reply.

Ok my suggestion is wrasses, a trio of flashers, a trio of fairy's , 1 male n 2 females per trio, plus a trio of anthias, same way 1 male n 2 females, if you have the cash id recommend a trio of bells flasher wrasses and a trio of beaus fairy wrasses or a trio of labouts fairy wrasses, the bells are expensive but are hands down the most beautiful flasher wrasse ive ever seen, an the ventralis anthias is hands down the prettiest anthias ive ever seen. With those 3 trios youll have a huge amount of color plus they stay fairly small compared to most fish in the hobby, youre lookin at the largest of the 3 types maxing out a roughly 5 inches n the bells stay around 3 same with the beaus, the labouts reach up to 4. Plus they are all pretty active and will stay in the water column. Id recommend talking to Kevin of aloha corals about all of them as the bells is uber rare n his guy is one of the few people able to import them.

Ok my suggestion is wrasses' date=' a trio of flashers, a trio of fairy's , 1 male n 2 females per trio, plus a trio of anthias, same way 1 male n 2 females, if you have the cash id recommend a trio of bells flasher wrasses and a trio of beaus fairy wrasses or a trio of labouts fairy wrasses, the bells are expensive but are hands down the most beautiful flasher wrasse ive ever seen, an the ventralis anthias is hands down the prettiest anthias ive ever seen. With those 3 trios youll have a huge amount of color plus they stay fairly small compared to most fish in the hobby, youre lookin at the largest of the 3 types maxing out a roughly 5 inches n the bells stay around 3 same with the beaus, the labouts reach up to 4. Plus they are all pretty active and will stay in the water column. Id recommend talking to Kevin of aloha corals about all of them as the bells is uber rare n his guy is one of the few people able to import them.[/quote']

Awesome thanks! Ok so do I have to buy all the wrasses at once or can you add one at a time to make the trio? Is there any particular order in which you would add the wrasses and anthias? I really like wrasses a lot but have always heard that you can basically only have one per tank because they will fight. I am sure that all depends on the species. I really like the six line but have heard that they can be quite the bullies. I basically like all wrasses that are pretty colorful they seem like very cool fish. Is there a certain species that will be more of a work horse than another? Or are all wrasses good for the flatworms, bristle's and such. I know bristle's aren't bad! If I can have more than one wrasse then I would rather go that route than only have say one six line! Thanks again

I've got 2 in our 40b an have no problems whatsoever...

You would want to add them a trio at a time, so that they'll be grouped up.

For a pest control wrasse, I'd recommend a pair of either yellow coris wrasses or a pair of radiant coris wrasses, they're calmer than most, are pretty, an stay generally speaking, small lol.

And as for the order to add them, I'd add the trio of flashers, trio of fairies, and then the trio of anthias.

From my own personal experience I will never own anther 6 line wrasse. They are a pretty fish but not worth the attitude and problems. The four line wrasses can and tend to be even worse. Besides there's not much better than a picasso :) There are a ton of fish out there that will get along.....

From my own personal experience I will never own anther 6 line wrasse. They are a pretty fish but not worth the attitude and problems. The four line wrasses can and tend to be even worse. Besides there's not much better than a picasso :) There are a ton of fish out there that will get along.....

Thanks Dave! Good to know about the six line and four line. I do know of one thing that is better than a picasso.... A pair of Picasso's! Haha:)

Ventralis Anthias(Photo courtesy of Aloha Corals)

Tank2_042.jpg

Tank2_043.jpg

That one is beat up, Kevin's healing it up in his tank, an it's still the prettiest anthias I've ever seen lol.

Bell's Flasher Wrasse(Photo courtesy of ReefBuilders.com)

pkazu2.jpg

Beau's Fairy Wrasse(Photo courtesy of fishbase.org)

tn_Cibea_m0.jpg

Yellow Coris Wrasse(photo from flickr.com)

2699711701_bd9bd730f5_o.jpg

Radiant Coris Wrasse(Photo courtesy of LiveAquaria.com)

p-80739-Radiant-Wrasse.jpg

This way you can see just what kind of wrasses you're lookin LOL

You can't tell me that trios of the anthias, flasher, an fairy wrasses posted, plus the addition of the pest control yellow coris or radiant wrasse will not give you a ton of color an movement in your tank lol.

Hope that makes things easier, and if I forgot to give credit to anyone for the use of the photos, I do apologize, an will gladly give credit where due, just shoot me a message.

I have the same size tank. For a tang, I realy like my Tomini Kole Tang, he is realy mellow, just cruises the tank munchin the green stuff. I love my Leopard wrasse "common?", I had the "South African?" Leopard wrasse, beautifull blue and red, but he just dissapeared after a month. I had a pygmy dwarf angle for a year and never had a problem with him and corals, ablolutely beautiful. RIP carpet surfer. I also have a pair of black clowns, one false perc, a one eyed yellow tang, royal grahma, and a lawn mower blenny. Just some of my favs.

Gabe

The last one being a male pylei fairy wrasse. (Yes Mick I sucked it up and bought the one at the store).

So your the one? Im glad you got it. I had to hold my wallet down every time I went in the store, it kept trying to leap out.

Pylei fairy wrasses are super nice.