ORA Green BN or what?

Hog Head

Re: ORA Green BN or what?

Doesn't look loke an BN I have seen looks more like stag or milli or something like that.....BN, as far as I know, have thin long branches that interweave to look like a "birds nest"

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The ORA Green and the ORA BoP have a more rounded growth pattern and don't have the sharp ends and don't intertwine as much. That is an odd,vertical growth pattern, though. Looks more like a Birdsnest to me than a Millie.

But as for getting the right name attached to a coral - people just toss the names around left and right lately. Any BN with green polyps is called the ORA Green - like calling a bandage a Band-aid.

The ORA Green and the ORA BoP have a more rounded growth pattern and don't have the sharp ends and don't intertwine as much. That is an odd,vertical growth pattern, though. Looks more like a Birdsnest to me than a Millie.

But as for getting the right name attached to a coral - people just toss the names around left and right lately. Any BN with green polyps is called the ORA Green - like calling a bandage a Band-aid.

I bought it at Liquid Sunshine before they closed up and that is what they called it. It does look quite a bit different then when I bought it though. It didn't have that "reach for the sky" look. I wonder if I placed it too far from the surface?

That is the ORA green bird nest it just has a cool up right growing pattern in your tank

I like it!

Could that be because it is placed deeper in the tank? I love the colors and the growth. I was just hoping it would grow out as well as upward.

That's the thing' date=' there are 100 variables that can affect the growth patter/color - so I wouldn't be too quick to say it's not what someone said it was[/quote']

I wasn't trying to say it wasn't what they said. I was just commenting on the growth pattern compared to other BN I have seen.

Again, have I set it too deep?

picture.php?albumid=163&pictureid=1029

The acro placed on the left went nuts sitting up so high in the tank. It seems like every time I look in there it has gotten bigger.

I wasn't trying to say it wasn't what they said. I was just commenting on the growth pattern compared to other BN I have seen.

Oh yeah, that's not how I read it - just reassuring (well, attempting) that the unusual growth pattern didn't mean it wasn't the ORA.

That's it on the upper right, right? I don't think that's too low at all. I think the light requirements of the birdsnest are slightly less than acros. It's pretty close to the top, there. I think it's fine there.

Oh yeah, that's not how I read it - just reassuring (well, attempting) that the unusual growth pattern didn't mean it wasn't the ORA.

That's it on the upper right, right? I don't think that's too low at all. I think the light requirements of the birdsnest are slightly less than acros. It's pretty close to the top, there. I think it's fine there.

Yes on the right.

Not positive but mine seems to grow with the flow i have on it' date=' mine was growing similar to that until i upped the flow in the tank now its growing different directions.[/quote']

I'm not sure how much flow it gets because it is in front of the overflow. Hopefully that will change when the 2 MP40W ES's get here. Hopefully everything will like it.

Definately a BN though weather it is an ORA is totally up to the originator of the colony or orinial colony. I would say that it looks pretty dang similar in polyp extension/branch structure. That is some definate, "reach for the sky" growth though. I like it. Makes it look like a mid water, out of the ocean colony to me. good stuff. Wouldn't mind growing a few frags out at different levels/spectrums myself to see what it does.

Shweet!

Definately a BN though weather it is an ORA is totally up to the originator of the colony or orinial colony. I would say that it looks pretty dang similar in polyp extension/branch structure. That is some definate, "reach for the sky" growth though. I like it. Makes it look like a mid water, out of the ocean colony to me. good stuff. Wouldn't mind growing a few frags out at different levels/spectrums myself to see what it does.

Shweet!

Its very sweet. It has probably doubled in size since February and the color is awesome.

Beautiful coral. I like the unusual shape. I have mine even deeper with a similar light setup and mine has a more standard 'personality' :)

I think the shape it is mostly for the flow in your case.

Well with the flow pattern soon to change it will be interesting to see what it does.

I had a supposedly ORA Birdsnest that looked just like that. Although it didn't have the cool growth pattern. Nice colony!

Thanks. I need to remove the acro next to it to give it some growing room. The rock was supposed to be just for the BN but a piece of acro fell there and attached. Who would burn who?

the acro would probably win but just a guess as some BN can pack a wallop as well.

The acro has been removed and the BN has the large rock all to itself again. I thought the acro would be easy to remove but it had grown across the rock and had attached in 4-5 spots. It was a bear to remove.