Mystery Corals. Can you help me identify them?

Hog Head

Which one were you looking to id? front or back left? If back left....I don't know...I though front center and pic #3

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

#3 is in the front or foreground and #4 is the back right. Just looked at some blue stag pics and if that is it I am stoked. In February it was just a straight piece with 2 small arms. It looked brown under PC lighting.

1 is not granulosa.

2 is a tricolor bonzai

3 could be a stag or maybe a prostrata - i'd say prostrata

4 is poccillipora maybe hard to tell

5 not sure. Branches look to thick to be valida

I see purple with green polyps. What is or will be the 3rd color?

I just looked up both examples of #3 and I am very happy which ever one it is.

I will keep looking up the names you guys are giving for the others until they are all identified.

Thanks

I see purple with green polyps. What is or will be the 3rd color?

Tri-colors can turn brown/white in the lower branches/middle. If you're lucky, and have good water conditions and lighting, it will stay more solidly purple.

The "bonsai" name is a reference to a specific coral from GARF, the Purple Bonsai. But there are a zillion purple w/green polyp acro's. 'Tri-color' is more of a generic term for purple with green polyps. Tyree has a nice Tri-color, but again, very common color morph. Technically (not that any one cares) it's only a GARF Bonsai if the frag came from that specific mother colony. This distinction is lost locally. Apparently, this it today's soapbox, for me.

Tri-colors can turn brown/white in the lower branches/middle. If you're lucky, and have good water conditions and lighting, it will stay more solidly purple.

The "bonsai" name is a reference to a specific coral from GARF, the Purple Bonsai. But there are a zillion purple w/green polyp acro's. 'Tri-color' is more of a generic term for purple with green polyps. Tyree has a nice Tri-color, but again, very common color morph. Technically (not that any cares) it's only a GARF Bonsai if the frag came from that specific mother colony. This distinction is lost locally. Apparently, this it today's soapbox, for me.

Thanks. Water conditions are always good and there is plenty of light so hopefull it just keeps growing and stays beautiful.