Advantages of 1 MP40W ES vs 2 MP40W ES.

Hog Head

It really depends on the size of your tank.

I have a 100gallon open top with the older MP40W. I have the pump set at 75% (approximately) of full power. When I had it on 100% power, the sandbed was completely destroyed and I had water splashing over the top due to the strength of the waves.

Unless you have a very long tank, or it's oddly shaped, I really don't think theres much to gain from 2 MP40's.

It is looking like I will probably use the Reef Crest Mode.

My preference is the "Nutrient Export Mode." Push the mode button until light turns purple, and then hit set button once. I run mine about half power, on a standard 90 gallon tank. Wet side will rev up and down for a while and you'll be surprised at the crap that lifts up off the bottom of your tank and my SPS seems to love it.

Should really give that mode a shot.

Shane

My preference is the "Nutrient Export Mode." Push the mode button until light turns purple, and then hit set button once. I run mine about half power, on a standard 90 gallon tank. Wet side will rev up and down for a while and you'll be surprised at the crap that lifts up off the bottom of your tank and my SPS seems to love it.

Should really give that mode a shot.

Shane

Does Nutrient Export work with one pump?

I think the biggest advantage is the fact that we are waiting for one more mp40 to finish the group buy.lol

I figured as much.lol I guess I am in for one more.(rock2) It will go better with the 180-210 when I upgrade in about a year or so. At least I will have all the equipment I need/want. The wife is going to kill me.(wife)

• 3 weeks later...

These pumps are awesome. I have them working together in Nutrient Transport Mode and there are no dead spots anymore. The Fish/coral are adjusting to the higher flow rate and at 40-50% level don't seem to mind it. After a couple of days I'll try raising it up a notch again. I sure am glad you all helped talk me into getting two of them.:D

You said you didnt want to make waves with two. Im not a betting man' date=' but I think maybe, just maybe, you turned on the blue mode briefly just for giggles, didnt you? (clap)[/quote']

Well I did think about it, but I actually went straight for NTM. I have it set so the wave is minimal but there is 10 times the movement then there was before. So far I can't find any dead spots. The Koralia's were good, but nothing like this. My acro has grown too high to have any real waves. Water would be sloshing out and parts of the acro would be out of the water. The only thing that doesn't seem too crazy about the flow is my frog spawn.