Clear up water?

moovinfast

So I have the new 240 up and running now and I already hate the new sand after less than 24 hours. Decided to go with sugar sand. My blenny likes to stir it up a little bit and then it takes forever for the water to clear up. Is there a good way of keeping the water clear, short of removing all the sand? I'm not running any filters right now. Was thinking of getting a filter sock? Other ideas?

If it were me I would use a 200 micron filter sock or two. Change them out/wash them regularly. I would also run some good, clean carbon. I am a big fan of running filter socks. They catch alot of the micro particles that tend to cloud our water. After some time and when you are confortable with the clearness of the water, you can always stop using the socks.

You could always put a lager grain sand on top of the sugar sand.

i would agree, i put a light dusting of #2 on top with some smaller LR chunks strategically placed. give it a good 3-4 weeks to settle all in and it seems to hold everything together pretty well.