What are these things? ID PLEASE!

NoobtoSalt

So i've noticed these things all over the tank now and I can't get a good enough picture so I hope this makes sense.

It's definately something living and it's almost like a worm the size of a single thread. The contract when bothered but they seem to be all over my rocks. They appear to be white/clear in color and can get a couple of inches long at least.

Any help on ID'ing these guys would be great!

• Like 1

There are two kinds, well maybe one that is white/clear threads, spaghetti worm. I think this work puts out two treads.

The other I haven't found what the name is and there there are many threads and there really fine and are kinda yellow and segmented. I have a bunch of these in my tank.

There are two kinds, well maybe one that is white/clear threads, spaghetti worm. I think this work puts out two treads.

The other I haven't found what the name is and there there are many threads and there really fine and are kinda yellow and segmented. I have a bunch of these in my tank.

You never seem to dissapoint.... I just checked them out on google and sure enough it looks really close to the spaghetti worm. Are these ok for the tank? I'm guessing since you've got them all over it's fine but I had to ask.

yep they are good for the tank. i have many as well in most of my tanks. the fishonly tank seems to have the least' date=' maybe i have something that likes to snack on them.[/quote']

Yea I know if I was a fish I sure would take a nibble on a little white wiggly thing. Guess that would make me a dead fish more likely.(laugh)

your going to find all kinds of stuff in your tank especially if you have live rock. I got a pistol shrimp once off a live rock, i didn't even know i had him until about 2 months had gone by. I like to look at my tank once the lights have shut off about 2 hours. all kinds of stuff comes out. just use a red LED light so it doesn't scare stuff away.

OOhh neon green, u should frag them worms and sell them!

yep they look like dental floss for lack of a better discription but, I think I would have better luck fraging and selling all the stuff I pull out of my sump for example the "goofy in a row boat" from this morning I'm always finding new and exciting things in my tank but the sump always has the best (crayons, Dora, and once a fishing pole)