Any one have a slick stand alone ATO system?

newfisher

I finaly broke down and set up an Auto top off system on my FOWLER 90g. Its a basic set up with mechanical float switch mounted in the sump,a reservoir and plumbed through the wall directly into my RODI sytem. Its been the best upgrade yet. I am now wanting to have ATO's on 2 other tanks that sit on each side of a large couch and at the opposite end of the house from the 90g. Running a line isn't an option. Looking more towards stand-alone furnitue style ATO system, not just a 5g bucket with a pump in the bottom. Anyone have pics of a neat,clean stand alone style you have built and use?

Thanks,

Jon

How much room do you have in your stands? I used some 4" schedule 20 pvc to build a resivoir that hangs above my sump. 4'x2=about 5 gal. A simple mech. float valve for a swamp cooler ($3). I used a 2" black abs 90 to come out of the stand for filling. If you would like, I could snap some pics tomorrow.

How much room do you have in your stands? I used some 4" schedule 20 pvc to build a resivoir that hangs above my sump. 4'x2=about 5 gal. A simple mech. float valve for a swamp cooler ($3). I used a 2" black abs 90 to come out of the stand for filling. If you would like' date=' I could snap some pics tomorrow.[/quote']

I'd like to see the pics

ato

jackaninny, newfisher, I just posted a DIY on my ato with some pics. I hope it gives some ideas.

Thanks

Gabe

Thanks for the thread. I don't have any room in the corner stands, they are maxed out with sumps. No canopy and can't do a gravity feed without seeing it.

I purchased a 8" diam. Acrylic tube that I am going to black out and weld to a 12x12 3/8 pad. Bought JBJ ATO kit and a small pump that I will put in the bottom. Plumb it internal with a 1/2 diam water column to the top and 90 out. 1/4 hose around the backside to the sump and fiish it with a removable top cap to set a plate/beer on next to the couch. I'm going to run kalk and my thoughts( thanks nnewhouse) are to have the large water column inside the furniture piece/ water storage , so when the pump shuts down it will backflush and stir the kalk via gravity.