Anemone Splitting

Val

I am new to the marine aquarium hobby, and OMG... today my anemone split into 3 separate parts! Is this normal? I knew they split, but it was a little shocking to see it in 3 pieces when I came home tonight. I would appreciate any info you could share with me about this. Thanks

Just a way for them to propagate, its quite normal, but, can be brought about by undue stress.

Throw up your specs on your tank, including all of your parameters and especially your lighting and the age of the tank an we'll see if there might not be an underlying factor into it splitting like that.

I don't feed excessively, but I guess I am still trying to figure out the appropriate amount to feed. I don't feed the anemone directly very often, but it has a clown and it feeds on other food I put in the tank. My Clown doesn't seem too stressed about it, he just gets in all three of them.

A couple of months ago I took over the livestock from a neglected tank. I set up a 26 gallon Bowfront temporarily and everything seems happy and healthy. I will be changing over to a larger tank soon.

I have a nice light fixture that has the halo, 4 blue Actinic bulbs and moon LEDs.