Media trays for Nuvo 20

Rp.McMurphy

I know there are more than a few of you that have or have had a Nuvo Fusion 20 tank so I thought I'd ask...

My tank is at the tail end of the cycle so I'm getting geared up for the next phase. Currently I'm just running floss in a single chamber with an Aqua Gadget Custom Caddy and can see water escaping around the top and out of the tray. The floss is lightly packed. 

Does enough water flow through the floss (and eventually my media) despite the water that takes the easy way around? If not are there steps or mods I can make to improve flow? Am thinking I can get some acrylic from Tap plastics and fill the outer gap if I need to. 

I know that the inTank trays are better but you know, money. I only bought one of the aqua gadgets in case it didn't work out. 

Appreciate any feedback. 

I have had a few IM tanks...............20, 10, 30L and now a 14 peninsula. I have ran InTank baskets in all but my 10 and that was an aqua gadget. It did work but believe me the InTank stuff is worth a few extra dollars.......I just run a floss holder now in my 14 and zip tie a bag of media to the bottom of it. To be honest I think they both have a little water loss over the edge and wouldn't worry about it.

47 minutes ago, spectra said:

I have had a few IM tanks...............20, 10, 30L and now a 14 peninsula. I have ran InTank baskets in all but my 10 and that was an aqua gadget. It did work but believe me the InTank stuff is worth a few extra dollars.......I just run a floss holder now in my 14 and zip tie a bag of media to the bottom of it. To be honest I think they both have a little water loss over the edge and wouldn't worry about it.

Have yet to hear a bad word about the inTank baskets... interesting thought with just the floss holder though. Maybe I'll explore that. Thanks.