Clams, a Crab and some Shrimp

DChemist

I thought I'd share some photos from my weekend (a couple ago) camping with my kids. These were taken from Dosewallops (Hood Canal).

First the clams...

758828425_226558807f.jpg

759680618_3ac771aa64.jpg

The crab...

759695002_fddd381532.jpg

And some shrimp...

758864235_e42b7376ac.jpg

758882609_9784325cb5.jpg

758881979_1b2397a4a6.jpg

Is it wrong that I enjoy eating the same critters that I struggle to keep in my aquarium?

The shrimp were the best. I've never eaten such fresh and tasty shrimp, they were better roasted over the fire than when we boiled/steamed them.

The limit on the clams were forty per person per day. Those clams were my family and my brother's family combined.

The crab was a male, but too small to keep. We also shucked and ate fresh oysters too.

Now thats eating in style! Wow. What did you use to catch all those clams, and did you just skewer the shrimp as they swam by?

I love camping and catching crab, we usually pick up some oysters from a shop on the bay. Nothing better than fresh crab and oysters cooked over the fire when your camping!

Yeah, me and my family dug all of the clams- It's pretty simple, just need a garden rake to move around the sand and gravel at low tide.

759713338_96cf83b0d1.jpg

We cheated on the shrimp. The state opened the shrimp season an extra day so we bought some live from a local shrimper.

Here's something unusual that we've eaten in the past...

759715492_796f872b75.jpg

It's a moon snail. The foot tastes alot like razor clam or geoduck, but it's pretty tough. We weren't allowed to take any this year- apparently you can't take them in state parks. The warden politely asked me to return them.