Sign in to follow this  
jabrbox

White with Pink tip anemone died

We had a decent sized white anemone with bright pink on the tips of his tentacles, our clown hosted him constantly, yesterday for no apparent reason he closed up and turned a little green and was dead? I pulled the rock out of the tank, all of our other livestock seems fine, I bought this at Petco for like 8 bucks, is this just the result of a cheap anemone, or possibly just old? Do they have a short life span? Just curious, I ant to replace it for the clown's sake but at the same time it's always sad when you lose something in the tank.

I have had thge exact same luck with those anemones. They will just die off after about four days. Yet all three of my other anemones are healthy. I could never figure it out so I gave up on them.

Dont worry about the clown...Ive had one for 2 years and he just recently started hosting a candy cane. He's been fat and happy all this time. You dont have any clown predetors in your tank so they dont "need" a nem.

sorry for your lose though:(

How do you know for sure he was dead? Any foul odor or anything?

They do shrink up and get very small (and they release their waste, looks like brown gunk). My 12"+ RBTA shrinks up once in a while and actually disappears inside a small rock hole.

Yes he looked green and had 2 or 3 tenticles hanging ver the side of the rock when he typically pulled them all in and the biggest clue was the clown that lived in this guy wasnt going near him. Even when he would tuck up and sleep the clown would never leave him alone.