Android Phone Users

USCG CWO

Smartphones are now full mobile computing platforms, with all the associated advantages and disadvantages. Users need to be careful what apps they install, just the same as they would in Windows, Mac, etc.

Re: Android Phone Users

Smartphones are now full mobile computing platforms' date=' with all the associated advantages and disadvantages. Users need to be careful what apps they install, just the same as they would in Windows, Mac, etc.[/quote']

Agreed, that's why I have NOD32 AV mobile installed

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The above application isn't a virus though. It's a phishing program. Unfortunately many people think their AV programs will catch a lot of these types of programs and then get careless. AV programs are just one portion of what is necessary to stay secure. It's even more important to be very careful what you download and install. Beware if a program causes an action that seems odd such as this wallpaper program which shouldn't need to access the phone data for any reason. I also research any programs I install first to see if any issues have developed and whenever I can't get enough to determine one way or the other I avoid them. It isn't limited to downloads either. Many games and apps on store shelves have phishing programs that get installed along with the main program on the disk.