Sponge

Gill

This not really a emergency, not yet anyway but check it out. I actually like this sponge in fact I bought the ten pound rock for the sponge. I know it's invasive but i figure as long as I am careful I can contain it. Anyways heres the problem all the exhaust holes are closed and it is deflated. This didn't worry me at first but it has been 3 days now. Plus i'm talking every whole is closed. Is it dead or dying? What happens if it does die, I mean thats premo real estate opening up but is the rock going to have to be cured (thats a lot of sponge). The silly false perc's hosted it right before this all started, so they could very well be to blame. I hope thats not it though because i don't really see how i can stop them short of going out and dropping a 100 dollars (I don't have) on a carpet anemone. pic is PRE-problem (scary)

I'm no expert, but i've never had one die before and i have moved mine around between different tanks, let them sit in the air for 10-15 minutes, maybe it doesn't like your lights, could be to much light or just acclimating to the tank.