Is there such a thing?

Basically a skimmer removes DOC's. Most of these are not good for the tank. However, some of the disolved organic compounds are a benifit. A lot of these can be repaced by water changes. In general, SPS enjoy "clean" water. Softies can deal with a "dirty" water. In fact there are sewer outlets in Florida in the ocean that are surrounded by GSP.

This is really "The Readers Digest Version", and I think there may be people willing to elaborate, Clay.

With your large garden reef and your AquaC 240 and your smaller tank and the Euro Reef I don't think you are in any danger of overskimming.

PS: Thanks for the algae, Bud! Didn't realize you gave me so much 'til I got home and tried to pack it in!

Ratings for skimmers are a sales point and little more. One company says rated for 150 gal. and another tries to top it by saying 200 gal. and the game is on. I would say to experiment and see how it works. In general, skimmers are overated IMHO.