led fell in tank help!!

cwinson85

ok, pretty embarrassing, but, i had a led in the hood my by BC14 and it fell into the tank last night. I was surprised to see that the fish were not shocked and killed! when i pulled the light out some black liquid came out??!!! :eek: i did a water change with the couple gallons i had left! the fish seem fine, but the zoas and frogspawn are not looking happy, just closed up and the spawn isnt fluffy as it usually is. Im going to go get some water now and do about a 75% water change. let me know if there is anything else i can do. tested water levels and nothing seems to be out of wack, let me know what you guys think!!

Not too surprising on shocking the fish. I've dropped a light in my tank as well. I got shocked myself when I pulled it back out but nothing in the tank did because I don't ground my tank. (No ground = no way for current to flow) It did ruin the light. The black stuff you see is likely burnt plastic or perhaps burnt metal. I would second the suggestion to run some carbon.