Ryans 120G Peninsula Build

R-3

Sounds like you probably have plenty of pumps' date=' just need to figure out how to mount them without being an eyesore, and still having circulation out there. Perhaps you can be sneaky and hide one or more out in the rocks and run the cord along the bottom.[/quote']

Yeah I was thinking about the rock idea. I also thought about buying a pair of the Tunze Deco rocks even. Keep the ideas coming guys.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I got all the stuff moved between Monday night and Tuesday night. It went well for the most part. I cant believe all this stuff was in my nano :) I had more live rock also than I thought to add to the base. Right now I just got stuff kinda thrown in there so there isnt much to look at but I thought I would post pics anyway. Here ya go!

Full tank shot from dining room

DSC08706.JPG

End shot from the long end

DSC08707.JPG

Couple chunks of Xenia

DSC08708.JPG

My leather from Siskou that I got at the Christmas party! It finally has room to spread out. It grew a little weird in my nano :)

DSC08710.JPG

GSP rock. Its from a frag I got from Miles awhile back!

DSC08711.JPG

Duncan coral I got from Eric. It started with 6 heads and now ever one of those has at least 3 budding off it :)

DSC08712.JPG

My little clam :) Look big in my nano!

DSC08716.JPG

Pic of frag rack. Neon candycane, acans, pink chalice.

DSC08718.JPG

Nice Ryan thats is turning into one sweet reef. Keep it up!

Thanks Miles. I should start filling it up pretty soon!

Nice tank. I'd love to see it filled with sps

I wont have tooo many SPS in this setup. I have mainly had SPS setups in the past and I wanna get back to mainly LPS, montis, Zoas, Rics, and softies. I miss the movement in my tank.

I think if I do put some SPS in there it will be maybe a variety of birdsnests and millis. We will see though, ya never know :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well its been a couple weeks since my last update and not to much has changed. I am at the tail end of a cycle and most algae is gone.

I finally decided on my flow for the tank. I am keeping one of the Tunze 6045's from the front and 2 MJ Mods coming from the back. That along with my return should work nicely.

I also made the trip up north today and visited Fred to get my two bulb VHO setup that I cant wait to install.

I also visted the land of corals "Ocean in a Box". All I have to say is WOW! Talk about some selection. I even picked up a couple clams and a acan. Here are some pics of them right after I put them in.

DSC08732.JPG

tank is looking good Ryan! I'm in portland right now and it sounds like I should visit Ocean in a Box when I have the chance. I wonder if they will ship stuff to me if I pick out something I like. I think I'll be in Corvallis this coming weekend let me know if you'll be around!

tank is looking good Ryan! I'm in portland right now and it sounds like I should visit Ocean in a Box when I have the chance. I wonder if they will ship stuff to me if I pick out something I like. I think I'll be in Corvallis this coming weekend let me know if you'll be around!

Thanks Mike! Yeah Perry would ship, that's his specialty :)

Let me know I will be around. Give me a call 541-990-0420. Later

So I finally got my lights all put together!

I sold my lumenarc and went with two Reef Optix 3 pendants since I really didnt need the spread that the lumenarc offered. Also even though it was the mini version it still took up a lot of space in my canopy. I ended up deciding on two 250DE Phoenix 14k bulbs. I have ran the 150s on a nano I had and loved them. They havent even been burning for 2 hours and I remember why now they are one of the most popular bulbs out there. What a smokin white/blue color!!

I also got the VHO setup I got from Fred hooked up too!! I love the looks of Super Actinic VHOS! Nothing beats them for supplementation.

So lighting setup breakdown-

2-ARO 250w Electronic ballasts

2-Reef Optix 3's

2-250W DE Phoenix 14k

PFO 2 bulb VHO ballast 220w

2-UVL Super Actinic 46.5"

Heres a pic!

IMG_1094.JPG

Nice! Time to fill that thing up with corals!

Oh I will be workin on that!!

Looking Hot! You have so much room in that thing the way it is setup. I am a bit jealous.

Yeah I like it that way. There is still a couple rock Im gonna move around a bit but that should be about it. I gotta come up and take a look at your setup :) Maybe go on a shopping spree!

That set-up is looking good Ryan. You've done well! :)

Now all you need to do is cover that rock with some more beautiful corals :P

Ricky Soutas Jr.

-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-

Thanks Ricky!

Im getting ready to start fillin it with corals :)

Tank is looking great! I agree the Phoenix MH and Actinic VHO's are the way to go.

Yeah I really like them. I ran a 150w Phoenix and some actinics on a nano awhile back and forgot how much I loved the color.

Hot stuff! If you ever want to do some trading, you know where to go ;)

Looking great. I love the pheonix 14k's! Those and the Ushio 20k's are my new 250w de choices. They both look so similar just a bit more blue on the 20k's with actinic supplementation though not as much as I would have expected.

Garrett

I gotta come check out your setup! I know who the frag king is :)

Looking great Ryan!

Those acans from the frag party look like they are doing really good!

Yeah those are the acans from the party. They didnt grow much in my nano and got a little washed out but they are perking back up now!