Ryans 120G Peninsula Build

R-3

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its alive!!!! Keep the pics coming!

I will :) Im glad to see some saltwater in it :)

sweet. got the water in there. i am at about the same point. got about 3" of water in there. your setup still impresses me' date=' just so clean. love it. do you have a rock layout plan? do you have stocking plan?[/quote']

The rockwork is gonna be a work in progress definetly.

As for coral stocking Im gonna go with more LPS, softies, and montis on this setup. For fish Im gonna transfer over my pair of clowns, six line, and my reef lobster. Im thinking of adding a Kole or Convict tang, lawnmower blennie, and a small school of blue streak cardinals or chromis.

Is it full yet?

Nope not yet, its about 7" from the top. I had a little mishap. Noah decided to dump a roll of toleit paper in it and the mixing pump ripped it into all these nice little pieces :) Instead of trying to pull it out I just dumped it. I got about 15G back so far. Gotta love 2 year olds :)

Don't ya love it when your kids TP your reef tank? LOL Love it' date=' man. Great progress. Like the look of that reflector. Great spread with a single bulb.[/quote']

Oh yeah TP time!!

Yeah Im just gonna run one for now. I only have 28G of stuff to transfer over so 1 will be okay for now. Im in the process of trying to find another one though. I already got the extra ballast and bulb so soon I will have 2 250's :)

So tonight I got her all filled up :) Water is at 34ppt so its just about right. I think my RO/DI unit is showing its age. I gotta add the last bag of sand and move some rock around. I got way more than enough base rock now I just gotta get a couple BIG pieces of liverock. My new skimmers are taking a vinegar bath and I think I might have found another lumenarc.

Here a pic!

DSC08666.JPG

What's the stocking plan?

Im gonna add my two ocellaris, six line and reef lobster from my nano into it. I wanna add probably a Kole or Convict tang, lawnmower blenny and maybe some blue streak cardinals (3 or 4).

As for corals mainly LPS, softies, and montis. There will be a few CHOICE sps in there but thats it.

I agree with Mike -- that' s a great looking aquascape for the peninsula. Maybe move the final pillar off to one side or another just a bit? That'd give you a nice little cove on one side of the tank and more open sand for acans/fungia/etc on the other.

You've got me thinking about a peninsula tank now :P

Okay I got a little bit done today with the tank. I got two doors mounted living room side. I think they turned out really nice. I also got all the doors mounted on the canopy too.

I gonna try to get some corals moved into their new home tonight!!! :)

Here are some pics

DSC08693.JPG

DSC08694.JPG

DSC08702.JPG

Im not sure about the amount of flow yet. I have a eductor thingy on my return that actually makes a big difference. I also have 3 Tunze 6045's, 1 Modded Tunze 6025, and 2 MJ mods at my disposal so we will see. I need to figure something out like you said though for the "Dead End"