Ryans 120G Peninsula Build

R-3

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the last coat on the canopy and just brought it in. I gotta get new hinges for the doors. What do you guys think? I think it will do for now. I guess its better than burning it :) That reminds me does anyone need the old white stand that came with it??

Here are some pics of it. Let me know what ya think.

IMG_0679.JPG

IMG_0681.JPG

i love it! looks modern and clean. like the canopy. i am not much of a canopy guy' date=' but this looks good.[/quote']

Yeah I really dont like canopies either but I think this one will grow on me :)

Looks good. I wonder how you are going to deal with getting in the tank' date=' though. I can just flip my canopy up against the wall, but with your peninsula setup, I'm guessing you're going to have to figure something else out. (scratch)[/quote']

I think access wont be a problem once I get all the sand and aquascaping done. I will just take the canopy off while im doing that. Actually Im suprised at how big the access is. Thats kinda one of the things that has me thinking of staying with the canopy. As long as I am not clumbsy and burn myself on the lights I should be okay (laugh)

Well I got my sump from Charles yesterday. I managed to keep the cost down since I had a couple of pieces of acrylic to make the most of it. Thats why I have a black back and a blue bottom. I think the filter sock holder turned out pretty sweet. It measures 30x16x16. It holds about 34 gallons chocked full but will probably run it at about 20 or so. I wanted to keep it on the smaller size so I had room for all the other junk that ends up down there :) Heres a pic

IMG_0682.JPG

very nice' date=' what size acrylic looks thick[/quote']

Its 1/4" on everything except the sides. The sides are 3/8". The only reason its like that is because I had the pieces layin around.

Okay so last night I got the one halide setup I got for now rigged up. Its a Lumenarc Mini w/ ARO 250W ballast and a Reefgrow 20k bulb. I need to get another Lumenac Mini and I am set. So for the time being since I am only transferring over a 28G nano I put the lumenarc in the middle of the tank since most my corals will go there for now. Well here are some pics!

LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!!

DSC08633.JPG

DSC08637.JPG

DSC08639.JPG

Nice!

You've come a long way Ryan!

I never thought I would see the day you would have a canopy on top of your tank....and a black color scheme.....haha

Ha ha Rey :) The canopy can be removed! I do like it so far though, we will see if it sticks.

Looking good! Nice to see you making a good amount of progress on such a continuous basis! Just kidding with you but serisously the tank is looking hot!

Garrett

Ha ha Garrett!

Well I had a little time today to get a couple things done. I drained the tank and prepped it for saltwater. I got about 70lbs of sand rinsed today and Im gonna wait to put the last 20lbs of live sand till Im pretty close to being full. I had about 35 gallons saltwater pre-mixed so far and threw it in the there. I got more RO/DI water going as we speak. Hopefully Im filled up by late tomorrow or Tuesday :) Heres some pics.

DSC08642.JPG