New skimmer!

siskiou

You mean the purple pinwheel?

I've read about it, but for now I'll have to stick with the stock impeller! I may try it later on, when the budget is up to it. ;)

I'm sure glad it fits into my sump! Height was not a problem, but the diameter! I almost didn't get it over the edge of the sump! Had to do some creative shuffling to manage it.

Yes. There are actually 2 purple ATI NW's that will fit. But, like you said, that is fine tuning.

I'm glad that it fit. Seems like we are always trying to fit a larger skimmer into a smaller space.

I'm going to plumb into my garage and I am thinking of getting a 3 1/2 foot old school skimmer, just cause I can (and for other reasons).

PS : Yumas are doing fine!

It's still breaking in, and I *just* dumped the skimmate and cleaned the cup before checking the forum!

And I definitely need to work on getting a baffle in, because currently the skimmer output goes into the same area the skimmer is sitting in.

I hate my sump layout, but it will have to do for now!

• 2 weeks later...
I got the recirc model of this skimmer (well' date=' it is the Pacific coast which I *THINK* is the exact same) and it is pulling some crud out already - even though the only thing in the tank is cured rock. Looks to be a good skimmer!![/quote']

Yeah they are much different now. PCI and Coralvue were going back and forth a couple years ago when they were released but it seems like PCI dropped out of the skimmer race. The Octopus skimmers use a Sicce pump which just plain rips compared to the old Pacific Coast ones.