DIY LumenArcs

wanareef

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet I can read the Dems on that image... I will be doing them myself but I figured anything to spend some more time with my Grandpapa is great. I don't know how long he'll be around to spend time with.(sad) Thank God(literally) that he is by health standards only about 45 years old(really 80). Thanks Charles.

Sweet I can read the Dems on that image... I will be doing them myself but I figured anything to spend some more time with my Grandpapa is great. I don't know how long he'll be around to spend time with.(sad) Thank God(literally) that he is by health standards only about 45 years old(really 80). Thanks Charles.

Very cool. Being a young Grandfather, I pray my grandchildren feel the same way.

Very cool. Being a young Grandfather' date=' I pray my grandchildren feel the same way.[/quote']

I too hope one day someone will care about me like I, and my whole family for that matter, care about him. I could write a book about how amazing a man he is. The values he has instilled in me will last lifetimes, as I will do my very best to pass them on to my kids one day. Now I'm getting all choked up... I gotta get some work done...

Here's the drawing:

whitebackgroundreflector.jpg

Using the 14" x 20" Solar Tube extension you will get 2 reflectors. You will need about 200 rivets 1/8" x 1/8" short (short is the reach), tin snips, a rivet gun, 1/8" drill bit and a file to smooth the burr off the cut edges.

You'll need to drill a 2 1/4" - 2 1/2" hole where the 4.73 dimension is and 1 1/2" from the left (start of the dimension or fold line)

You'll also need some aluminum material to make the bracket (adjustable) for the SE mogul. I'll take a pix of R3's when I make that part.

Brandon

Before I forget, you will need at least 14" - 16" from the bulb to the surface of the water. I made a pair of them for Prada (Brandon) and he couldn't use them, hood too low.

Okay, these are for the new tank so I was planning on making the hood at least that high. I am tired of baking my chalices while they are still in the sand. My lights now sit about 4" from the waters surface and it is just too close. I'm surprised I haven't had my wrasse jump up and shatter one with a water splash...