Euros in the Valley car show- May 9th

Zoolander

There's reference to this in another random thread of mine but I figured I would give it it's own thread. This show is open to all European makes and has everything from restored aircooled buses to custom Lamborghinis show up. I'm sure a couple of you on here have an old Porsche or similiar car worth showing so pre-register and put it in the show. :D

Euros in the Valley

May 9th, 2009 at the Linn County Fairgrounds

10AM-4PM

Admission- $5

Registration- $20, $25 at the door

www.eurosinthevalley.com

Being quiet, makes a BS'r nervous, Richard. I'm starting to get a little antsy without a reply... I didn't see your ride when you came over yesterdayDOH!

Your not driving a blown, cammed, and juiced prancing horse are you??? :eek:

Oh well, if it's only a Subaru you can only beat me in the snow. (rock2)

Why do I dig myself into holes?

Sounds like the show could be fun! Can I haze my retreads in front of THAT crowd?

Couple of nice rides! Anyone interested in going to the Woodburn Dragstrip and racing (for giggles).

Snowpunk what kind of noserider ya got? Like to dangle your toes on the tip, a bit?

It's actually just a mid size board I was borrowing from a friend. No teo to the nose for me. I love to surf but I swim like a rock so I don't go much for fear of death(scary).

As far as drag racing goes, my car is a tank. It may look small but it weighs 3300 lbs.:eek:. It will go but it does better in the corners for sure...

Let's go racing !! Look I've just got a mid-high 13 second car. Let's have some fun and go fast.

Mine is also about 13 seconds. It takes about 13 seconds to get to 20mph.

1987 MITSUBISHI MONTERO. Bone stock 120k miles when the motor goes bad I would like to get a diesel engine in it. They put them in some of these in other countries. It goes most places I want to go but it wont get to them in a very timely manner. Forgot to add I paid 1500.00 for it, from the original owner with 105k on it.

Nice rides guys. Snowpunk' date=' I really like the TT in that color. I forgot what mods you had Dean at Futrell's do for you. Maybe I can get and post a pic of the S4 Avant later... don't want the wife catching me doing that while we are on vacation :D[/quote']

Well Dean hasn't done them all, I did some myself too. Here is a short list though.

H&R springs and shocks

rear sway

adjustable rear control arms

1/2 K-mac(more suspension stuff)

Highly illusive MKI front control arms

Poly bushings over the whole car

Modified 10% larger MAF housing

custom VTDA intake

2 part custom boost controller

full DV relocation kit to the cold side

Greddy DV

If had to run new hoses all around also because I'm running 25lbs of boost pressure and the stock hoses can't handle it. I dis some other stuff to but nothing that adds power or handling to it. I installed a blinker module so it has a set number of blinks on a half pull. Some side markers and tinted tails, exhaust valence, boost gauge install in the vent, yada yada, dirka dirka... I'm working on finishing my rear seat delete and relocating the battery to the trunk. The next mod(if I can ever find a job) is going to be a downpipe with full exhaust system, and I would like to upgrade my intake mani at the same time. good for almost 50hp but it costs about $2000.

lol. I just don't understand why some people feel like they have to have the fastest car or they are not going to race. There is always going to be a faster machine. Have fun with good people and enjoy the experience. Don't go with people that feel like they have to win.

Mine is also about 13 seconds. It takes about 13

seconds to get to 20mph.

QUOTE]

lol. I just don't understand why some people feel like they have to have the fastest car or they are not going to race. There is always going to be a faster machine. Have fun with good people and enjoy the experience. Don't go with people that feel like they have to win.

LOL... I don't feel like that, I have a friend that does with his car though. He tries to race any person on the street that so much as breaths in his direction. He has something wrong in the head when it comes to it also.(nutty) For some reason he thinks his little old honda(puke)(his is an old multi colored beater) will beat a 911. I keep telling him if it won't even beat my car their is no way in he77 he is going to beat a 911. He still revs it at them anyway then says see when he races off the line and they just drive like normal. I still can't figure out for sure if he is joking or not, but I don't think so...

My gripe with a people is that they don't understand the basic of an engine.

I was talking with a couple of people that were telling me that a friend was running 33 lbs. of boost. I told them that boost is completly meaningless without the right intake and exhaust. It means nothing, by itself. I gave them the example of blowing through a straw or a hose. One has high pressure and one has low. Which is pushing more air? Which has the more potential for horsepower?

Maybe on the next Tour of Tanks we could race from one house to the next. Could you imagine the expressions of disgust! Priceless.

Disclaimer: This comment in no way endorses racing from one reef tank to another. It does not express the feeling either implied or expressed of the PNWMAS. Any smoking of tires during a Tour of Tanks is purely an accidental slip of the foot or reaching for my crack pipe while accelerating.

Wow, this went way off topic.

I'll have to get back to you on the Firebird, Franklin. I don't think we have a class for that, yet, lol. And the Jetta in my garage runs 12s, I'll race you. Or I have a track Miata if you want to do the twisties instead. How much money you wanna put down? :D

The cars posted so far are not only really nice but all fit the bill for the show. We have classes for all of them.

My gripe with a people is that they don't understand the basic of an engine.

I was talking with a couple of people that were telling me that a friend was running 33 lbs. of boost. I told them that boost is completly meaningless without the right intake and exhaust. It means nothing, by itself. I gave them the example of blowing through a straw or a hose. One has high pressure and one has low. Which is pushing more air? Which has the more potential for horsepower?

I couldn't agree more. That's why I upgraded mine for more flow in. Along with it I upgraded the fuel pressure regulator to push more equally. The boost machine I have is made to raise the level along with smoothing it out for prolonged boost with less spikes.

Sorry:p this whole thread got way off topic again... I don't think I can make it but I am gonna check for sure cause it would be really fun.

Off topic.

We don't need no stinking topic! This thread has "legs", now. I have a worksite board that is so on-topic that nobody posts. Sometimes it is a good idea just to let a thread find it's own way. IMHO.

Richard, I'll race you!! Let's load up minivans, fill it up with kids, and race to the bank ATM! The last one there doesn't buy groceries. (whistle)