Rare/Favorite Acropora Photos!

Mr. Reef

I don't know about you, but I think it's time that us Acropora fanatics had our our own Acropora photo thread.

I'm really interested to see what everyone else has hiding out in their tanks. So post some photos and some stories, I can't wait to see them!

I'll start this off with one of one of my personal favorites.

The Soutas' Baby Blue Staghorn

250_1_.jpg

This is a Staghorn coral that had its color change through color morphing in our system. We've been growing it for about 6 years now, and it is BEAUTIFUL!

Ricky Soutas Jr.

-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-

My dear departed Acropora valida

Wow and it looked like a nice one too. :(

This is one of our original purple tipped tri-colors! Really cool.

d_124.jpg

We've been growing it for about 8 years now, and it has white/tan base with purple/blue tips and white/green polyps. A real treat under different types of lighting! :)

Ricky Soutas Jr.

Wow, you have good taste in corals, you have many pieces in there that we have been aquaculturing for years. :p

I really like that Teal Deep Water colony with green polyps you have, is there a chance you could stop by and give us a nice sized piece of it. We'll make sure to treat you right in return. ;)

Go ahead and send me a PM.

Ricky Soutas Jr.

garrets garage table acropora which pretty much is completely gone (enforcer)

dinnertableacropora.jpg

Love the name lol! I wish it wasn't almost completely gone. It was a nice piece. RIP (sad) I always hate when a cool coral randomly kicks the bucket. It is the strangest thing when there is nothing to explain it.

unknown purple table. now has green in it too

platingacropora.jpg

Oh I must have a frag of this guy! Beautiful!

Hey Randy is that "Unknown from Travis" a shursoni (sp)?

Did you keep some of these when you sold your 330?

Would really like to find a Tyree Purple Monster!!

I agree with Andy I think it was a caroliniana

Patrick at FantaSeas bought the colony I am not sure if he has it or not.

There should be PM colonys in the Portland area I sold frags to a few people.

I gave a frag to Travis at upscales so when I set my tank back up he will return the favor.

Mine aren't quite as fancy but these are fast growers. the stagg in the back has blue tips that dont show well in the photo. the coral in the foreground bottom left is from sousta about 6 years ago, this was a frag I kept when I sold the colony

stagg2.jpg

Just got this one from Seahorse

newacro.jpg

Here's another.

Our Royal Blue Staghorn:

249_1_.jpg

We've been aquaculturing this coral for 5 years now. It has a amazing royal blue body with brown coralites and if your really lucky you'll get a hint of green right at the tip.

The coralites are sharp and pointy and will grows in thin erect branches.

Ricky Soutas Jr.

Sorry to say it's dead. I have a small frag left' date=' but yes, it was a sad day.[/quote']

Hey Curtis... that is a major bummer, sorry to hear. Glad I got a piece of that from you when I did. If it starts to take off I would be happy to give you a frag - not the same as a colony I realize. Of course, you will be Utah by then...

Hey Curtis... that is a major bummer' date=' sorry to hear. Glad I got a piece of that from you when I did. If it starts to take off I would be happy to give you a frag - not the same as a colony I realize. Of course, you will be Utah by then...[/quote']

being in utah isn't going to be much of a problem. i plan on trading with people over here in oregon all the time. there is just more variety over here, and still a bunch of stuff here i want. we can figure out a trade in the future. how is it doing?