UFC 97

reef-fisher

Well, I guess it could have been worse.

Chuck Liddell is now (unofficially) out of the UFC. Apparently he and Dana White had a discussion before the fight, and Dana told him if he didnt win, he was out. We shall see.

Silva finally went the distance, but in uneventful fashion. Five rounds of stalking is not my idea of an exciting fight, but a win is a win. It was funny how frustrated he got after Leites kept trying to get the fight to the ground.

Just sharing my thoughts...

Yeah I won some serious $$$ on that Liddell fight. I cant believe people think he can still fight at the UFC level. He could once but that time has passed. The Silva fight was a textbook Silva fight. He is always the counter guy, he never strays. Anyone I caught it at a buddies house after the Blazer game and I am gald I didnt spend the $45! At least Kongo and Quarry won though!

Dont get me wrong, I like Silva and respect his style, but to me he was a little too cautious to be as entertaining as he usually is. The last round is what I think he should have done in the third.

I am growing to like Kongo"s style, but I fear someone will figure him out sooner or later and take him to the ground in a bad way.

Liddel should leave the fighting alone and go to the movie scene.JMO, it is unfortunate but it is life. I really wonder what some of these guys are thinking after taking long breaks or retireing only to come back a year or so later. For instance, Floyd Mayweather Jr, is back in training for a possible upcoming fight. Had he not retired and continued to stay active in the ring and training I would have no doubt that he would be victorious in his next fight, but he did retire and was not active so now I am a little less confident in the outcome of the fight.

The UFC is running out of characters. Don't know if that is Dana Whites fault or something else.

But Ortiz, Diaz, Linland, Shamrock, and others always had something to say win/lose/draw. And usually it was 'punking' the other fighters. Even Hughes was a more interesting character then most of the guys now and he was quiet and polite.

The UFC is running out of characters. Don't know if that is Dana Whites fault or something else.

But Ortiz, Diaz, Linland, Shamrock, and others always had something to say win/lose/draw. And usually it was 'punking' the other fighters. Even Hughes was a more interesting character then most of the guys now and he was quiet and polite.

I know what you meen. At least its not a bunch of fake yelling and fighting with chairs tables and latters like wwf. I could never bring myself to watch the wwf wrestling stuff. IMO its mostly for kids but I see some adults getting pretty excited for it. I love watching UFC...those guys are just warriors beating each other bloody(enforcer). More sack then I have thats for sure. I used to watch the saterday night sandy bar wrestling at midnight back in the day when I was in my early teens. Man am I that old...

Jay