June 2009 PNWMAS Meeting - Guest Speaker Scott Fellman!

JManrow

Our Guest Speaker for our June Meeting will be Scott Fellman, a much-in-demand speaker at IMAC and MACNA Conferences and Marine Aquarium Societies! He has had several articles published in Freshwater and Marine Aquarium magazine, Anthony Calfo's “C Journal” , and several other online venues

Scott Fellman will be giving two presentations...

"Aquascaping For The Aesthetically Challenged", and "Marine Biotope Aquariums: Taking Inspirations From Nature". There will be a raffle between the presentations, and then we will have a coral frag auction after the last one!

Our Meeting will be Saturday, June 6, 2009 from 12:00 Noon to 4:00 PM at the Tualatin Hills Nature Park & Interpretive Center "Beaver Den Room".

http://www.thprd.org/facilities/naturepark/home.cfm

Price of Admission

As there is no dinner included in this event, there will be no charge. Fees charged at past events have covered the price of meals.

Map

http://www.thprd.org/map/map.cfm?fid=6&title=Nature%20Park%20Interpretive%20Center&ftype=Special

We will also have an opportunity at this time to meet our newly elected PNWMAS Officers and Board Members!

• 1 month later...

There is normally a small fee for non-members attending Events with guest speakers. That is how most other clubs do it too! This Event will be open to all free of charge!

This is a good example of our Membership and Sponsor Fees and Donations at work. We are asking ALL PNWMAS Paid Members and ALL PNWMAS Forum Members (non-members) to attend if at all possible. We understand some cannot attend because of work or prior commitments. This is one of our Big PNWMAS Annual Events. Our Sponsors and even some members are donating some great items. Any time we have a low turnout, we ALL lose.(sad) I want to point out that the majority of what we have paid for bringing in our guest speaker, his accommodations and meals, and the rental of the meeting facility, is recovered when you buy raffle tickets and participate in the auction.

We all need to be there, especially when it is free to all as it is this time. Show up, and bring friends along. We should have posters available for printing online soon. I have sent .pdf files of Fliers, and some actual Fliers about the Scott Fellman Event, and also PNWMAS Fliers to all of our Sponsor LFS(Local Fish Stores). Please help get the word out!

Scott Fellman is looking forward to his visit and giving his presentations. He has done his best to keep the expenses of transportation and his stay down for us. We are very fortunate to have a speaker such as him visiting PNWMAS. Let's not waste any more time complaining about charges and costs for now, and make this work! I have just sent out another Evite about this. Please respond that you will be attending!

Some may feel that I was wrong in not charging a small fee for non-members this time. I hope I am not sorry.(laugh) Let's not all be sorry by not attending.

Remember - the more Raffle Tickets you buy, the better your chances of winning are!(rock2)I have been updating the Donation Page as items arrive and I pick them up!

Check it out. http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12034

• 2 weeks later...

Hey John can you give me a time table for events. I might be able to go into work early and just miss the first hour or so.

Would like to be there for the raffle and as much of the talks as possible. But I can use the info. to help me make up my mind.

Thanx

Hey John can you give me a time table for events. I might be able to go into work early and just miss the first hour or so.

Would like to be there for the raffle and as much of the talks as possible. But I can use the info. to help me make up my mind.

Thanx

["Aquascaping For The Aesthetically Challenged", and "Marine Biotope Aquariums: Taking Inspirations From Nature". There will be a raffle between the presentations, and then we will have a coral frag auction after the last one!

Our Meeting will be Saturday, June 6, 2009 from 12:00 Noon to 4:00 PM at the Tualatin Hills Nature Park & Interpretive Center "Beaver Den Room".

http://www.thprd.org/facilities/naturepark/home.cfm ]

------------

The presentations will take place in that order. The first talk will begin at 12:30. Raffle will take place around 1:30 or 2:00. The auction immediately after the last presentation.

I may be late as well. My son is marching with the band in the rose festival grand floral parade. It should be over before noon, but getting out of downtown will be a mess. But the forcast says it will be a nice day for a parade.

dsoz

Is there any interest in some cinnamon palys? whole bunch of them, like 10+ polyps? I think them alot, but I just would rather put something more colorful in my limited real estate. Got these from Garrett when he broke down his tanks. I'll check this thread in the morning and bring them if anyone might be interested.

I guess I am talking to anyone that wants to bring a couple of frags to trade. My frags will be a mystery as I have not yet gone over to the tanks to see what I will bag up but I am sure that thye will be decent specimens.

Stylaster,

I would love a frag of each and will bring some things that you might be interested in.

:D

Garrett

I'm going to try and make it. If I can' date=' I'll bring a big Grape Monti frag and the Pinky Tuscadero Zoas :D Anyone interested in freaky black sponges?[/quote']

well if you dont make it then i'll still be interested in the grape monti frag..is it a idaho grape monti?

I'm going to try and make it. If I can' date=' I'll bring a big Grape Monti frag and the Pinky Tuscadero Zoas :D Anyone interested in freaky black sponges?[/quote'] Is it Idaho? Is it one that I had severall years ago and sold frags?

I'm going to try and make it. If I can' date=' I'll bring a big Grape Monti frag and the Pinky Tuscadero Zoas :D Anyone interested in freaky black sponges?[/quote']

Argh! That figures... I would love a piece of that monti but am committed to going to a reunion with my SO instead of the meeting. (sad) One of these days...