Hair algae is back

Zoolander

Futrell's too good to be there. :rolleyes:

We have a lot of other large vendors that will be there. I say throw it in the show, the whole point is to have fun, the trophies are just an added bonus.

Maybe I can get my act together for next year... I would have to at least wash it though (laugh) Dean at Futrell has been very good to me actually even though mine is only a stage 1 mod. As far as I can tell, there were only 1300 S4 Avants imported and those are mostly the autosticks... I am guessing about 350 or so of the six speeds. Last time I looked on Autotrader, there were only 2 in the US for sale! Guess I should take better care of it DOH!

Maybe I can get my act together for next year... I would have to at least wash it though (laugh) Dean at Futrell has been very good to me actually even though mine is only a stage 1 mod. As far as I can tell' date=' there were only 1300 S4 Avants imported and those are mostly the autosticks... I am guessing about 350 or so of the six speeds. Last time I looked on Autotrader, there were only 2 in the US for sale! Guess I should take better care of it DOH![/quote']

Audi of America will be able to give you all those numbers if you want them. I drive a 2001 Aviator Grey TT. Not quite stock but far from where I want it to be. It's a small small world sometimes. I've gone to dean up at Futrell since day one with my car(I don't trust scumset imports). If I buy an S4 if will be an Avant without the chicktronic feature.

I have a few tuffts of the stuff...mostly on the back of my glass near the sand level and on my "old" rocks. The new rocks that were DIY don't have any. I added a phosphate reactor, run carbon, changed weekly, and I think my skimmer does a pretty good job! I empty the nasty skimmate about every 4 days...I am still bad about feeding...but I kicked the habit with flake and pellet and use mysis and cyclopeeze. Everynow and then, I will chop up a bit of silver sides and mix it in...I recently changed my RO membrane, and that helped a bunch. I also added a few scarlet legged hermits, a few conch snails and a long spiny urchin...

During water changes, I use a small tube and "suck" what I can off the rocks, plus use the turkey baster to keep any crud out of the tuffts! When it is shorter...the fox face and the blue tang nibble on it.

I quit stressing about it! The tank has been up for 5 months...it is still a "baby" tank.

Kris

if I ever go RWD it will be in a 911... The only BMW I really like is the Mcoupe.

Someone wasn't paying attention to the HPF video's.(whistle) OK enough hijacking...(backtotopic)

Besides the Mcoupe lacks the power of it's bigger brother due to exhuast crimping. BMW was unable to get the kind of flow from the coupe's, in which I assume you are talking about the hatchback Z body style. You can argue if you wish but my E36 was taking those little M's to school religiously. It was kinda funny though, almost everyone of them thought they were going to win, you could see it in their face, that false sense of security and confidence. Of course you could get an RS4....that would be cool.

Hair Algae

I used to have a major hair algae issue. I had to take out every rock & scrub them which took me hours upon hours. I tried everything suggested. I feel your pain. The things I changed.

1 No dead spots

2 Caulerpa in my refugium

3 Raised Alkalinity & PH (alk 4.5-5.0/ph 8.2-8.3)

4 Big water change

All the information suggested by everyone all attribute to the cause of Hair Algae but these 4 things seemed to be the main cause of my problem. I only have one rock in my frag tank with algae on it for last 6 months.