The Great PNWMAS BBQ Cook-Off

JManrow

If there is going to be a cook off.......... there should be rules as to what everyone has to cook, IE beef, chicken, or whatever.

That way you can compare beef to beef and/or chicken to chicken. And not chicken to beef.

Rules? Maybe we should all wear little badges too... http://www.uselessmoviequotes.com/files/nobadges.wav

but seriously, all separate categories sounds best Mike.(rock2)

The "whatever" category should be fun.:D

I'll fire up my traeger for this...I can travel with it

No fair Mark, I have to purchase a new aquarium before my wife will let me purchase a Traeger. It is going to be a few months. (sad)

I volunteer to be a judge, unless there is a chili category! (naughty):D

Shane

I have been working up a recipe for grilled spiced chitlins' date=' so whoever holds the pork category, that is what i think we should do that day.[/quote']

lol It's been a few years since I had chitlins, hog maws & greens... well, I have had greens since.

Is this the BBQ associated w/ the Hatfield/Aquarium trip? If it is, I think my wife is going to make a big batch of chilaqueles (pronounced 'chi-la-key-lays')...if your not familiar with all of mexican cooking, they are like scrambled cheese enchilades...(drooler)(drooler)(drooler)

No, this is something all together different.

We will be having a pot luck BBQ after the Hatfield/OC Aquarium tours in Newport at Yaquina Bay State Park. http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=44.619495&lon=-124.05513&zoom=16&q1=2820%20SE%20Ferry%20Slip%20Road%2C%20Newport%2C%20OR%2097365&gid1=22006643&q2=Yaquina%20Bay%20State%20Park%2C%20Newport%2C%20OR

The chilaqueles sound good!

I heard on the radio today some had a small traeger for 299.00 after a mail in rebate. I dont remember who had it though. If I hear the add again I will oay more attention.

Oh and about playing with the "PRO'S" Go to a few BBQ contests in Texas and tell me how many traegers you see???

I love mine but its not the end all Q.

I heard on the radio today some had a small traeger for 299.00 after a mail in rebate. I dont remember who had it though. If I hear the add again I will oay more attention.

Oh and about playing with the "PRO'S" Go to a few BBQ contests in Texas and tell me how many traegers you see???

I love mine but its not the end all Q.

HA, you are right. I have been to competitions before...you see a mix. My bro picked up a fast eddies cookshack...much nicer and better temp control than a traeger...but it is not cheap. Actually, I used to have a wood fired smoker that made some of the best ribs I have ever had. Even a weber can outcook the best equipment if the cook has no idea what he is doing. It's not all about the gear :)