Halide Bulb help...

jadams7

So last night I got home to see that one of my halide bulbs was out. I am running 2 250w 14k bulbs, on a dual 250w pfo ballast. The bulbs were purchased new less than 4 months ago. The bulb that went out has a sort of reddish fog along the bottom quarter of the bulb itself. Any idea what this could be attributed to? Just a faulty bulb? Ballast issue? Bad luck?

It should be noted that these bulbs were bought on ebay, half as an experiment, half as I couldnt afford the higher quality bulbs at the time. Turns out that I am not entirely pleased so far. The first set of bulbs I got, one of them would not even fire when I got them, so they had to send another bulb.

http://www.hellolights.com/ is having spring sales!

Spring is Here!

We've finished settling into our new warehouse, and want to thank you, our valued customers. We are offering 10% off of every item in the store on Friday (4/10), Saturday (4/11), and Sunday (4/12). This is a great time to stock up. Be sure to take advantage of this great opportunity!

Just enter this code during checkout:

Coupon Code: spring2009

Code valid through 4-12-09

did you happen to see the thread that i made about the ebay bulbs? i had a ton of problems with not firing, broken bulbs, ect. ect.

basically it is completely worth the money to buy good bulbs. i use phoenix 14k and love them. i couldn't afford high end bulbs either. i found someone on RC that had them for sale used for a week. you might find someone that didn't like them and is selling them. if not the sale looks pretty good. phoenix bulbs are good for 18+ months, so it ends up balancing out in price.