Ecotech Marine Vortech

Smann

Does anyone have one of these. The reviews are pretty good I would like to know how they work in a fairly "full tank" the demo video is in an empty tank. If an LFS has one to demo I'd be intrested, I dont want to drop $500.00 to try it out:eek:

look it up on youtube there are tons of videos. im amazed at the movement they can get from one powerhead. ive been looking into them and the battery backups they have available for an additional 130 seem like a good investment as well considering it can power one powerhead for 30 hours straight. i was reading about them on reef central and there was a guy who said hes used them for 3 years no problems. it seems that one company spent a lot of money in research and development to put out one really nice product and from what ive seen online its probably worth the 400 or so dollars.

I have the MP20 on my 36g. I like it a lot...I use it on 100% power in reef crest mode, and it creates water movement in all parts of my tank.

Its kind of fun to play with the other modes too...I can create a 1/2" wave in short pulse mode....

On my next tank, I will be upgrading my MP20 to a MP40 and adding a 2nd MP40 (one on each side of the tank).

I do not think any of the local LFS sell or promote Vortech. Issac has a MP40 on his personal tank at the Seahorse...Im not sure if he cares much for it though.

Can it make the actual back and forth "wave" motion or is it just moving water.

It makes an actual wave...it creates the coolest motion with my millis, LPS, and GSP.

I would leave it on all the time if my overflow didn't make a gurgle sound everytime the wave went back and forth....

Do you other powerheads or just the vortec

It makes an actual wave...it creates the coolest motion with my millis, LPS, and GSP.

I would leave it on all the time if my overflow didn't make a gurgle sound everytime the wave went back and forth....

I am seriously considering two of the 40's when I upgrade to my 90 gallon. I have played with Isaac's at Seahorse and I am very impressed. I have heard that some people don't like them because of the inability to angle the flow, and they can be a pain in the butt to align the dry and wet side.

Shane

Once you use one, and see the movement it creates in your tank you will realize there is no need to direct flow with the vortech. The vortech in short pulse moves the whole body of water in your tank! It is very impressive!

I am very interested in getting a couple of these. They not only create great flow, but an awesome undertow of water heading back to the pump. That helps get flow throughout the entire tank, so angling isn't much of an issue for me. But the price is...:(

I am running the 20 on my Oceanic and have a 40 waiting for the bigger tank;) If you search the web you can get decent deals. I love my 20 and the flow it creates. I also have a few other PH in the tank so sometimes hard to tell what does what. But I also love the sound of it ramping up and down on the crest mode.

Do you use the wave mode or are you using it like a powerhead. I would like to see it move the water back and forth thru out the whole tank

I am running the 20 on my Oceanic and have a 40 waiting for the bigger tank;) If you search the web you can get decent deals. I love my 20 and the flow it creates. I also have a few other PH in the tank so sometimes hard to tell what does what. But I also love the sound of it ramping up and down on the crest mode.

Do you use the wave mode or are you using it like a powerhead. I would like to see it move the water back and forth thru out the whole tank

LikeI said I have other PH in there. I am also running a modded nanostream and a koralia 1 with it. My tank has alot of flow as everything is always moving. Not sure what mode it is on but it is one that changes speed all the time. I really like the way they work and can not wait to get the 40 hooked up in my other tank.

If anybody is interested in a group buy for some Vortechs please contact me. I am committed to purchasing 2 of the MP40W by next week. I played with the 1 on Isaac's display tank and was very impressed. If we ordered multiples I am sure we could get a very good deal. Let me know.

If anybody is interested in a group buy for some Vortechs please contact me. I am committed to purchasing 2 of the MP40W by next week. I played with the 1 on Isaac's display tank and was very impressed. If we ordered multiples I am sure we could get a very good deal. Let me know.

Good choice, Jake!

If I was ready for another one, I would get in on it with you!

I am searching around trying to find the best deal if we had a small group order. I found a discounter through ebay who quoted me $375 per MP40 with controller shipped, but have to buy 8. I am good for 2 if anybody wants to join. I am going to check around but if anybody has suggestions on where to look please let me know. Where did you buy yours Ryan? I have a feeling given the potentially high wholesaler cost that $350-$375 is probably as good as it gets. If anybody wants to commit let me know in the next few days.

SMann, sorry to hijack your thread. This will be my last post. I found the MP40W from a retail shop in New Jersey for $350 each plus shipping if we buy at least 5. I don't think we are going to do any better than that. Once again I am good for 2 so if I can find people who can commit to 3 more I will place the order soon. If not I will just pay extra because I need to order mine fairly soon. Contact me by PM if you want to purchase one.