Word to the Wise

andy

Hey Andy when you are done come over to my house(naughty) I have alot of stuff to sand(whistle) Well actually have sanded most of it now. It is a fun and nasty time especially if you are trying to keep the dust down. I ended up buying some poles to make a temporary wall of plastic to try and keep it out of the house. Worked pretty well but still had a little here and there. Good luck with the project(rock2)

Thanks Scott, almost done here. Wet sanding does keep the dust down, but not gone. One more coat of mud tonight, then sand and prime tomorrow. I'd feel good about being done, except being done means my monster-in-law is here (sad)

Andy- I made texture by thinning down leftover drywall mud with about 50% water, and using the nap roller to roll it across the walls. Put it on thick, and go over each place a couple of times. Re-mud your roller often. Let it dry for a few hours and it will look bumpy. Then prime it and paint like normal. It is easy to do, and it makes it look better. It would only add about half a day to your painting job.

dsoz

WHEN YOU START PRIMING AND PAINTING... PLEASE COVER YOUR TANK AND FUGE.TURN OFF THE SKIMMER. You do not!!!!! want any extra air into the water system. Run as little equipment as possible. I don't care if it freezing cold out. You HAVE TO ventilate the room. I am telling you this from experience. Also run fresh carbon. I painted the livingroom, tanks where in family room. Lost an easy 3 grand in corals and fish. Was absolutely horrible. Couldn't do water changes fast enought. Please Please, and everybody hear knows I don't say Please. Take this seriously.

Andy,

I have a texture gun and it only takes about 10 mins to apply it. No smell like the stuff in a can and dries in about an hour. Let me know.

Thanks Scott, we're fighting the clock know but might want to change things up later on. If we do, I'll be sure to grab that gun (rock2)

WHEN YOU START PRIMING AND PAINTING... PLEASE COVER YOUR TANK AND FUGE.TURN OFF THE SKIMMER. You do not!!!!! want any extra air into the water system. Run as little equipment as possible. I don't care if it freezing cold out. You HAVE TO ventilate the room. I am telling you this from experience. Also run fresh carbon. I painted the livingroom' date=' tanks where in family room. Lost an easy 3 grand in corals and fish. Was absolutely horrible. Couldn't do water changes fast enought. Please Please, and everybody hear knows I don't say Please. Ta[/b']ke this seriously.

Excellent advice Blaine - I lost a lot of FW livestock this way pretty early on in my aquarium keeping days and am very paranoid about this as well. Sorry you had to discover it with much more precious specimens!

Good luck Andy. Hope you get things completed in time!