WTB: Playstation 3

I know that PS2 had TONS of bugs. They were POS systems for a long time. The XBOX had a lot of problems too. People still have a bunch with the 360's, but they are pretty easily repaired. If the 360 had blu ray i would buy it, i prefer xbox games over ps3 games. gears of war 2 is my favorite.

I have both and have never had a problem with either. I bought my XBox new and my PS3 refurbished. My PS3 is the old 60gig that is totally backwards compatible. I much prefer my PS3 to my XBox, but both are really nice. For online you have to go with the Xbox 360, PS3's online is horrible. I like the blu-ray but have only used it twice. Keep in mind the PS3's Blu-ray is a basic player no frills.

If you have a extensive regular DVD collection and are looking for a good player you need to check this out.

http://www.oppodigital.com/dv980h/dv980h_review.asp

It is a oppo dvd player. It upscales regular dvd's to 1080p. We have one in our conference room, works like a champ and is a lot cheaper.

Shane

I have both the 360 and the PS3. Every year after purchasing the 360 I have had issues and had to send the unit back for repair. I have never had any issues out of my PS3 and I use the crud out of it both as a gaming machine and as a Blu Ray player.

I think the key thing with any of these consoles is keeping them cool.

just my 2 cents.

Mike

We bought my son a PS3, and my daughter a Wii. Both are used very little, but when they have friends over, both get pulled out. The PS3 is mainly used for Rockband, and the Wii has some other games that the kids like to do.

The internet is difficult to use with the PS3, but it may be easier if we had a keyboard that plugs in. Typing in URLs with the controler is a pain.

dsoz

Sony was running a deal for $150 off if you sign up for their playstation card. Thats how i got mine, i got the 160gig with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for $350 :D You could have gotten the 80gig for $250.

I love my ps3. Its a blast. The Home network is pretty cool too if you like that virtual world stuff. About as easy as it gets playing online too.

Yep, I have an OG 20gb Ps3 and a modded 360 elite...I would have to say I am a PS3 guy. Never had any problems with it, and the options are limitless. 360 just seems like it has been trying to play catch up for the most part, and the blu-ray player is what does it for me! (and free online play)