Duncan problems

andy

I'm not sure it was ever "right" -- it had been receding slowly up from the base since i got it. This just reinforces my opinion that buying fresh-cut frags is too big a gamble to take. No encrusting, no sale.

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased a 2 head duncan and it has stayed close for over a month. At times it looks like it might open with slight swelling ...... then close tight again. Moved it about once a week to different areas.... same result. No slim of any kind. Any other ideas. Andys looks healthy campaired to mine. I just can't give up on it seeings that it has minute changes Can't be dead so I'm still trying.

The only paramiter that I wonder about is mag, it's about 1280

Beckie

• 2 weeks later...
Nope no angels. I did get another one and it opened on day 3 and is doing great. So I don't think its water issues. I was wondering if some kind of dip would help.

Beckie

I forgot 1 coral beautyDOH! but have never seen it bother any thing.

• 1 month later...

Do you have peppermint shrimp? I lost one Duncan to my peppermint shrimp and they almost killed another. Looked the same and happened over several weeks, until one evening I found the culprit. Now the little Duncan eater is in the QT tank.