Help

TAD

To get to my point of this thread, I will be asking many many many more questions and I dont like to take without giving. Its the way Ive been raised and the way I am trying to raise my two children.

So if anyone needs help doing some tank cleaning or water changes or setup or whatever I am throwing out an offer to help. The only thing I will receive in exchange is the knowledge of how to do what you ask of me.

Just so we are clear, I dont have much knowledge of this hobby other then what I have been reading online and in the book concensius reef keeper or something like that. Even though ive had a reef tank 20 years ago. Things have changed and most of the info I got from my LFS at the time is either out dated or was just wrong.

I have Sundays off and work until about 7 most other nights. So We will have to work around that.

Sorry about the rambling, but that's how I write. Never did well in English class, but I probably didn't need to tell you that LOL.

Thank you, TAD

Tad, that's a kind offer. I think you'll find people more than willing to extend any help you need. Once you learn more, you'll start passing that knowledge on to the next noob. In that way, we all pay it forward.

There are often meet-and-greet's where people meet up for a pint - in our area that's generally down in Tigard. I've been meaning to go and keep flaking on it, but that's a great chance to meet folks and ask questions.

• Like 1

I also agree that you don't need to do anything now to get advice from here. Just be nice to the next noob that comes along.

If you want to support this group, you could pay the $20 and get a membership. But I found that it gets repaid very quickly if you go to a meeting and win a raffle, or a door prize. I have won a few raffles, and more than made my membership back in prizes and discounts at fish stores.

But if you want, I will be returning from vacation later this week and I am sure that the coraline will need to be scraped off my glass. Come on by and I'll show you the fine art of scraping the ugly purple algae off the front glass. Come, my new apprentice. You will now be known as Darth Purple-up... Muahh ha ha (evil voice laugh).

:) dsoz

I like it D.... a little creepy but I like it

You too can be one of my minions. You can be Darth Zoa. You can have a purple and yellow light-saber to match the purple hornets that you so desire. :)

I, of course, will be Master Frogspawn. Emperor of the galaxia coral. If you oppose me, I will send in my crown-of-thorns-death-starfish to obiterate your reef. (again, evil laugh) Muahh ha ha :)

dsoz

ps- I have way too much time on my hands while I am away. I should be at the pool, not here at the computer. I think I'll go now.

I also agree that you don't need to do anything now to get advice from here. Just be nice to the next noob that comes along.

If you want to support this group, you could pay the $20 and get a membership.

:) dsoz

I all ready joined up, even did the family package. And if you need help I will be over to help you scrape your purple stuff off.