For REAL Nerds only: Dead HP DV2600 Laptop

andy

I've got the corpse of my wife's HP DV2600 laptop. It died a month out of warranty with that Nvidia graphics chipset class problem that's causing so much aggravation. It was sent off to a 3rd party company for repair (fortunately, we bought it on Amex who doubled the warranty) but they couldn't get a reliable replacement mobo from HP so Amex just refunded the purchase price to me and sent me the corpse.

I've will probably keep the HD (120gig) and RAM (2gig). The chassis and LCD are in perfect shape. It boots, but the display is totally whacked out. Specs are here. This specific one has a Core 2 Duo proc (1.6 GHz I think, can't remember for sure).

This should be viewed as an AS-IS for-parts unit only, unless you are an exceptionally gifted and/or well-connected nerd. Keep in mind that I'm a well-connected, gifted nerd and I'm trying to dump it.

It's worth maybe, on a very good day, a hundred-fifty on eBay. I'll trade it for roughly that amount of coral (LPS/Softies, SPS if they're bulletproof), a BTA, peristaltic pumps (small ones, not those ER refugees) or a LiterMeter, or a pony.

I've also got the XB3000 base, and wireless kb and mouse. Figure about 50 bucks or so for that if interested.

Andy

I have a question for you.You said you bought your wife's laptop with Amex & doubled the warranty. I just bought my daughter a laptop from Dell & used my Amex card.I guess my question is how do you go about resolving any warranty problems when it's out of factory warranty & now into Amex warranty? Mike